Long time no tumble
(lordy...if you don't know who this is just click here to find out)
1) Any-who let's get back to important things. Most important THIS is tonight!
Last week's season premier was brutal I tell ya, just brutal but I loved it.
I'm terrified of the casualties coming on this last season of the show. How about you, are you a SOA fan? Who do you think isn't going to make it?
2) Hubster is still working out of town and rubbing in all the good food he's eating, I am still eating my weight in this deliciousness. Don't judge, it's full of vegetables.
3) After a not so successful experience with a local CSA we've gone back to getting our Bountiful Baskets. Peeps I'm here to tell you all that goodness you see was $30!!!! Yeah, you read that right, $30. I know it's crazy, now does anyone want to come help me with all that corn? That's one normal fruit/veggie basket and one tailgate package. I've had an avocado every single day and it's been awesome!!!!
(that's Gertrude the cow in the picture and yes, half the wall is painted grey, I'm trying out paint samples)
4) I thought the Abogg was coming to visit on Monday so I made a big pot of Cowboy Stew. He ended up getting called back to work so I ate the bowl of stew you see then the rest I split into freezer containers, one for us and one to take to the Merebear later this week. I'm sure I'll be happy to have a big container of Cowboy Stew in the freezer this winter and I know the Merebear will be happy for a meal she doesn't have to prepare herself.
5) Sir Winston got his first ever Bark Box and I'd say he loves it. I signed up for the 3 month subscription and they were running a promotion to get an additional month free so we'll see how it goes. The packaging was adorable and I really loved the fact that all the treats were grain free.
6) I've been working on refinishing our kitchen table and chairs. They looked really really bad and since getting a new table and chairs wasn't an option I've been gel staining away. People this stuff is crazy amazing!!! The picture below is the first coat of the stain and you normally do three. Don't worry, there will be a whole post coming up about this amazing stuff. I have the kitchen table finished completely and I have the wood bases of the chairs done except 1 last coat of Poly and I should finish that up tomorrow. I am using a metallic soft iron color spray paint on the metal part of the chairs and as soon as I go get more spray paint I'll get the last three chairs finished. It already looks SOOOOOO much better. I'm ready to get it finished and so is Hubster, he wondered how much longer it would be before we could eat at the table again.
7) It's been 10 years since Hurricane Ivan, hard to believe that 10 years ago we were watching from Texas a horrible storm hit our hometown and like so many others just sit wondering whether or not we would have a home to go back to. It's also been 1 year since my hysterectomy which I happily celebrated at Grapefest this past weekend. If you remember last year I might have pushed my physical limits at the festival but I was more than ready this year!!! And since we didn't get out of the 70's temperature wise on Saturday I'd say that the weather gods were smiling too!!!
BONUS) My sweet friend Kelleigh has the new fall designs on her Die Hard Nails site.
There are sooooo many cute new designs. I've got a post I've been working on forever and I just keep forgetting to finish it up ( I know I'm horrible) but if you go check out the new fall catalog on her site you can order yourself some Jamberry fun and get in the fall spirit or if you are super prepared go ahead and get those cute Christmas designs ordered so you'll be ready come December. Here's her Facebook page, so go and like it and keep up with her specials and the fun things she's showcasing.
That's all for me today Peeps......I have to go get mentally prepared for SOA!
Peace, Love & Jax Teller