I made the ultimate sacrifice today and remade this bread so I could make sure it was perfect for you!
Yeah, I'm wonderful I know! haha I did actually want to make sure I had it perfect for you because I changed some stuff around in the original recipe I found. Also you don't even need to get the mixer out. Woohoo!
Let's just dive into this one OK because it's super yummy!!
2 cups Namaste Foods - Gluten Free Perfect Flour Blend
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
½ cup canola oil
⅔ cup sugar
½ cup buttermilk
2 Tbsp. lemon juice (juice of 1 lemon)
Zest of 1 lemon
1 cup grated zucchini (no need to peel)
Lemon Glaze Ingredients:
1 cup powdered sugar
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
zest of 1 lemon
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees, Grease regular size loaf pan or 2 small loaf pans
2) In a large bowl blend the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3) In a medium bowl beat 2 eggs well, add the canola oil and sugar and then mix well.
4) Add the buttermilk, lemon juice and lemon zest and blend everything well.
5) Fold in zucchini and stir until the zucchini is evenly distributed in mixture.
6) Add the zucchini mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well but do not over mix.
7) Gently fold in blueberries
8) Pour batter into prepared pans and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. You may need to add 5 to 10 minutes longer (depending on your oven).
9) Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes in pan or pans.
10) Remove bread from pans and let cool on wire racks and make the glaze.
11) In a small bowl mix the powdered sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest. Spoon glaze over cooled loaves of bread.
12) Slice, eat and enjoy!!!! It's like summer in a loaf of bread!!
So there you have it my Lemon Blueberry Zucchini Bread that just happens to be gluten free.
If you are fortunate enough to enjoy the real flour then go right ahead and knock yourself out but if you are like me and no longer enjoy those pleasures then I most highly recommend the Namaste flour blend, it's the first I've found that didn't leave my baked goods "chalky' tasting but I actually felt like I was eating "real" bread again!
Enjoy the bounties of summer my peeps!!!
Peace, Love & Zucchini!!