Tuesday, August 31, 2010

TuTu Tuesday and a morning breakfast treat

Happy TuTuTuesday peeps!!!
If I had a tutu I'd wear it in honor of Tuesday every week, people would think I'm crazy but I'd still wear it!!

This is on my bar...
 jealous much???

heehee.....I love love love candy corn and the pumpkins.  I just break down and buy a bag each of them now because the Autumn mix has the indian corn and I don't really like it.   Boy....if this doesn't make you feel the fall breezes coming???? ahhhhhhh, as long as I don't step outside into the blistering heat I will remain in the comfort of fall in my house.  Is is too soon to put up the Halloween decorations???  Just checking.

Ok so today is TuTuTuesday and I water the plants on Tuesdays.  I try to follow FlyLady rules and when I water my plants every Tuesday they seem to do much better.  Today I thought we'd branch out and move all the plants, fake and real, outside for a good spray.  The real plants perk up and the fake plants get all the dust blown off, it's a win win situation peeps. Besides, I have to water the outside plants every stinking day anyway because of this heat, heck, sometimes twice a day!


&

well here is my back porch in a temporary jungle state....all ready for the spray down!

and here we are all finished.  They will all just hang out back there until they are good and dry and I finish cleaning their respective homes inside the house.  TuTuTuesday is also clean the downstairs day and grocery day.  It's a wonder I really like Tuesdays at all!!

Anyway I'm having a little motivation trouble today, probably because I went to bed at 1 am and then the dog woke me at 7:30, but I digress, I thought a little breakfast would perk me up.

First have some juice....you need the vitamin C and it's good for you






Then you need to get your stuff ready. You should probably move the iPad off the kitchen counter but I was looking up something pertinent to my task.  I was checking out the Pioneer Woman's website and seeing her take on Cinnamon Toast.  She did a delightful post of how to make cinnamon toast and while her way looks fabulous... I really had to go with her second choice for making this morning treat.  I really just love the texture of the sugar when it heats up in the oven.  Don't get me wrong, PW is my hero and one day when I grow up I want to be just like her and her blog!!!   I love you PW!!!  (it's ok, she has no clue who I am)

I smooshed up some butter in a dish and put just a TINY drop of vanilla extract in the butter and smooshed it around really good.   Then you gotta spread that butter all over that bread.  Get it everywhere!
Now let's mix up the cinnamon sugar

you know I read an article the other day that said if you eat 1/2 tsp of cinnamon a day it will help lower your cholesterol 12-30 points!!  Far be it from me to argue with medical research...besides it didn't say anything about not mixing that cinnamon with sugar so this is perfectly acceptable!

Make sure you use all that cinnamon sugar mixture because you need to make sure you get that full 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon...for your health you know??

Now set the oven for 350 degrees and pop those cutie pies in the oven for about 10 minutes.


Now since you are waiting you can go ahead and clean up your mess... it's just a small one and then you should make some of this

I'm old I need my calcium!!!!  And chocolate is healthy too....what's that you say?? It's dark chocolate that is good for you.  Oh, well then if you put enough Nesquik in your milk it'll be dark. Problem solved!
Pay attention, it's time to bump that oven to broil

Now don't take your eye off that toast for one second while it's broiling. We are making cinnamon toast here not Tookie Toast.  (if you don't know what Tookie Toast is just google it- I cannot explain why but I found the whole Tookie Toast story hilarious!)
Anyway, watch that toast and when it looks all yummo like this..pull it out

Please turn off the oven for goodness sakes it's a bazillion degrees outside and why on earth are you using the oven in the first place! hehehehehe   Sorry...I'm perking up after my breakfast.

Now slice that toast all nice and fun....why should kids have all the fun??


and sit down at the kitchen bar and have yourself a great pick me up


seee... don't you feel better already??


On a side note....I think that Neti Pot is working I'm feeling much clearer in my head today and I think I've only sneezed twice so far!   who knew???   Sorry for those of you who are actually cooking toast along with the post. I did not mean to interrupt your sweet treat of the day with the topics of Neti Pots, sneezing and seasonal allergy gunk.  Please resume enjoying your toast.

Better run and start cleaning before my sugar high wears off!

Peace, Love and Yummies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF