Monday, January 16, 2012

This Little Word of Mine......

I'm gonna let it shine!!
This little word of mine... I'm gonna let it shine!!

Happy Monday peeps!!!
A very sweet and talented girl named Layla...decided to push the blogger world by storm and have a Linky party today with everyone's word of the year.  So today's post is my word of the year.....


YELLOW

Word of that year?? What's that you say??
 It's YOUR word.  The word you want to chant to yourself, the word you want to represent your life, the word that gives your direction, comfort, peace, motivation.  All those things.  That's what the word of the year is!!   Instead of creating a resolution this year that MIGHT last until next month...let's focus ourselves on a word to direct and aim for!   If you don't have one yet, don't worry...it's not too late.  Just stew on it awhile and think about what word comes to your mind that you need to focus on this year.  If a word just keeps coming to you over and over but it doesn't make a lot of sense right now..trust the old gut here folks and go with it.  My guess is that in just a little while that word will come into focus and the reason why it kept rolling around your little ole' noggin will be crystal clear!!  

My word is yellow....these are some of the things I found about yellow when I googled it!!

Yellow is the color of sunshine. It's associated with joy, happiness, intellect, and energy.
Yellow produces a warming effect, arouses cheerfulness, stimulates mental activity, and generates muscle energy.                source  

I also found this like which describes your personality (too close for comfort) if your fave color is yellow...which mine is!!             Personality

Yellow is also a happy, bright, and uplifting colour, a celebration of sunny days. It is associated with the intellectual side of the mind, and the expression of thoughts. It therefore aids the powers of discernment and discrimination, memory and clear thinking, decision-making and good judgement. It also helps good organization, assimilation of new ideas, and the ability to see different points of view. It builds self-confidence and encourages an optimistic attitude.     source


So in a nutshell...Yellow for me is going to represent:
  • Happiness.... I will strive to be happy in EVERY situation knowing the God has placed me here for a reason that I may or may not (probably don't) understand. 
  • Joy... I want to be joyful.  I want to be the kind of person you want to be around no "debbie downer".  
  • Energy...physically & emotionally full of energy
  • Sunny... I want the sun to shine from my insides to my outsides.  I want people to achieve happiness and I want to know that when I leave the presence of another person that their day is happier because I was there. Even if it's being nice to the cashier who just had the world's rudest customer and they just need a smile to change their day.  I want to strive to be the "sunshine" in a gloomy world.
Who doesn't want to be YELLOW!!!  


Sounds like a big challenge...but you never know, the one person you give a smile to one day out of a whole year could be the day you helped change their life for the better. We never know the shoes someone else is walking in or the trials they are facing.  If we just love everyone the way we want to be loved then the world can only become better.  Let's make this year a very very YELLOW year!!!

What's your word?  Come on....drop me a quick comment with your word. Hop over to Lovely Layla's site and see what she has going on.  I promise you'll be inspired!!    Make sure you come back and leave me a note of your word and if ya feel like it....tell me why it's your word!!!   

Peace, Love & YELLOW







                                                



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF