Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sausage Grits Breakfast Casserole

 Hi deeeee Ho Peeps!!!

Happy Wednesday!!!    
So much to catch up on and I would've been here yesterday but I decided to completely empty my pantry and reorganize it!  Yep...it was an all day job!!   Looks so much better now but I still need to make labels for baskets and bins but I'll get to that.  I need to live with it for a bit because right now...I'm having a little trouble finding anything in there!!

So on MLK day Monday we (as in me, myself & I)  decided to have breakfast for dinner but I didn't want the same ole' same ole' breakfast stuff so I said "hey Samma, why don't we have that sausage grits thingy?? You know you haven't made that in like forever"  So then I said, "well ok that's what we'll have!"  
(My husband really should let me have a dog....this talking to myself is getting a tiny bit out of hand!)

So I needed to go to ole' Wallyworld to pick up stuff for my pantry re-org party and I only needed biscuits for dinner so this was a plus...everything on hand already so I made it all official like and put it on the menu board:

Now see...it's official!!


First up we are going to take the sausage and brown it up in pan.
Drain if you need to and then set aside.

Now let's dump the water in a saucepan and get the grits cooking.
Bring water to a boil then dump in the grits, let cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally


measure out your shredded cheese, thyme, garlic powder and milk



Dump those in the grits and stir until that cheese is all melted.



try to not start eating the grits at this point...because well you need to mix them in with the sausage.



Lightly beat your eggs 
Oh, those red splotches...well that's Tobasco my dear.
We only had regular sausage so I dumped in a little Tobasco to pep it up and I used a jalapeno cheddar cheese for some more zing.  We're zingy people around here!



mix all of that together in the pan.....yeah it doesn't look so very appetizing right now but it will oh I promise you it certainly will be!!



smother that top in some PAPRIKA

(I CANNOT for the life of me find the video of the comedian who does the whole skit about Paprika...if you know who it was or can find it please please send it to me!!)




pop in the oven on 350 for about an hour
let sit 5 minutes after removing from oven then slurp it down!



good stuff good good stuff



I threw in some biscuits and had some tomatoes and we just had the best little dinner breakfast!!

Here's the printable link with the exact measurements!

So what kind of breakfast dinners do you like to have?
Did you have a word of the year to share?
Is this thing on? hello?? hello?? 
anyone out there??

peace, love & yummies!!

                                                       

Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF