Thursday, January 19, 2012

Cheesy Beer Chicken for Tacos or Nachos!! Ole'

Hola Mi Peeps!!

It's time for some Cheesy Beer Chicken Taco Meat...or Nachos.
I'm flexible and so is this yummy mixture. Plus it cooks in the crock pot and that's Muy Bueno!!

Grab the crock pot and get it all ready and let's do this:


Grab yourselves about 2-3 chicken breast (boneless, skinless)
and toss 'em in the crock pot.  Frozen is cool.


This is the rest of the stuffs you need to be finding
3/4 cup beer
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
pinch cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese + more for topping later




Mix up all the dry stuffs in a bowl
Measure out 1 1/2 Tablespoons of the dry mixture



Add it to 3/4 cup beer



Watch it get all fizzy wizzy
(I'm easily entertained!)



Whisk it together really good



Pour it over that little ole' freezing chicken
Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours until cooked



Take chicken out of crock pot and shred up with two forks


Mix in remaining dry spice mixture and the the juices from the pot
Then stir in the cheese..

Cheese I just love cheese...Reeeeeally I do !!!



Now hubster and I felt like nachos instead of tacos so that's what we did.
We added some tomatoes, jalapenos, guacamole, queso dip cheese on top of some yummy Black bean garlic chips.

side conversation.... have you tried these???


if not you should!!  We are so in love with them.
And Tostitos isn't paying me any money or nuttin' to say that either.
If they wanted to send me some well that'd be just Maravilloso!! ....(that's wonderful in case you wondered...hey, I had to google it myself)

Back to the nachos!!



Scump-dilly-ump-ump-tious!!!


And then the next day for lunch....



I made me a taco.



sí sí 

Don't wait for Tuesday...make it Taco's every day!!
especially Cheesy Beer Chicken Tacos!!


In case you are wondering...you cannot taste beer at ALL in these!
Now I like beer...yes I do but the hubster he does not. No not one bit and he can usually pick beer out right away but until he reads this post...he will have had no idea there was beer in the chicken!!
I'm such a sneaky pete!!!

What kinds of things do you sneak into food and don't tell your family about??
By the way... a nice cold beer or a margarita goes especially nice with this meal.
I'm just saying.....

Peace, Love & adiós muchachas!!!
                                                      

P.S.  Click here if you want the nice little printable recipe.

Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF