Friday, October 1, 2010

Grinders...the sandwich kind

Happy Friday Peeps!!!

YIPPEEEEEEEEE, it's been a weird but wonderful week.  I have accomplished all items on my to-do list with the exception of cleaning up my car and my son is working off some debt and doing that for me later. niiiiiiiiiiiiice....real niiiiiiiiice!!!   Crossing off to-do list items and not having to do them is da bomb!

Anyway, we had sandwiches last night so here you go.


That's the ingredients

First up we need to get the garlic (1 clove) and bell pepper into about 3 Tbsps olive oil and getting all yummy goody on the stove. We're only cooking them to crisp tender. 

Now when those are tender but still crispy (i.e. not mushy) sprinkle on about 1/2 tsp. onion powder

swirl them around in the pan and get that onion powder all in the mix

Now take those off the heat and let's get to sammie building
You are gonna take a loaf of french bread and slice in half lengthwise.  At this point you can cut the bread into sections or leave it long. I find it's easier to cut now rather than later, plus if you need to leave a particular ingredient off for someone it's easier.


Let's put ham on the bottom layer then the tomatoes (middle section was the Abogg's...no tomatoes) and then the green peppers.


Now we are gonna take that yummo olive oil and drizzle over the tomatoes and peppers, then sprinkle some oregano over those veggies. Let's slap on the Mozzarella cheese slices and then I like to throw on a little more ham, just to top things off nicely. 


Now let's wrap up those in foil and send them to the oven.  I believe you were supposed to put them in at 350 for 15 or 20 minutes.  We took off for the health club so I popped those babies in on 170 degrees and just let them hang out and do their thing. They were nice and warm and cheesy and delish when we arrived back home.

As you can see we also had roasted potatoes. Now I did not fix them the same ole way....SHOCK AND DISMAY!!!    hehehe  Actually I do normally give them a coating of olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme. Today I left off the thyme and used some oregano and instead of salt I used some onion salt. Picked up some of the seasonings from the sandwich and they were yummo as usual.  I'm telling you sometimes simple is best!

Now if you would kindly excuse me I've got a batch of PW's Monster Cookies to bake...no worries, I'll post later but I've got a house full of teenagers headed my way and I gotta be prepared!!!

Peace, Love and Yummies peeps!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF