Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Roast Beef Dinner

well I came home from the beach finally (not that I wanted to by any means) AND I actually had to make dinner last night.  Geez...

It's hotter than blue blazes here in Texas so I put the old crock pot to work yesterday.  On an unrelated note... I just got caramel dipping sauce and apple juice all over my keyboard, sticky.
I also have spent the entire morning at the vet with our Kiss dog..she has an enlarged heart, stage 1 heart disease with a murmur & fluid in her lungs, arthritis, pancreatitis, cataracts and chronically infected ears; she's a 80 year old woman in a dog's body. She is on 3 medicine's and when we take her for a walk (only allowed in the early early morning now) and we get back and she's hot we have to drape her with wet towels and put a fan blowing on her to cool her down! The vet said it works...he's doing the same thing to his wife when she has hot flashes!!  hahahaha  funny man or maybe that's because he just charged me $400 to tell me what I already knew about the dog!

Moving back to dinner.

Gather up some of this stuff



Cut up those potatoes and carrots and toss them in the bottom of the crock pot
(yeah...this is our favorite part!)



Now add that roast and sprinkle around 1 package of Lipton Onion soup mix
you know this stuff....Lipton Onion Recipe Mix, 2-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6)


Then spread around 1 can of Campbells Golden Mushroom Soup
(don't freak...I hate mushrooms but this stuff is yum!)
Then pour in 1/2 a soup can of beef broth
Cook in crockpot on low for 8 hours



Take out and have some yummo dinner without heating the house up!




Throw in some biscuits, green beans and you've got a hearty meal that will make everyone happy!!!

ahh,,, wish I was still here letting me husband take weird photos of me on the beach :0)

Peace, Love & Yummies




2 comments:

  1. yep...even Dr. Ford was feeling a little sad for her. BUT she wagged her tail the whole time and kept dropping her chin on my lap and looking up at me with that "let's go walk" look. Unfortunately she can't go for walks anymore except no more than 10 minutes super duper early in the morning :0(

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF