Friday, July 8, 2011

Friday Friday Friday and some Avocado Fries

Avocado fries...seriously???  No, I'm not off my rocker.  Let's explain 1) I love avocados 2) I love fries 3) I HATE HATE HATE deep frying things 4) in spite of #3 I truly loved these!
So just dig the deep fryer out of the garage (what you don't keep yours in the garage? hmm, okay maybe just me) and plug it in on the back porch  (you didn't seriously believe I was frying in the house!!!) And that fryer should be preheating the oil to 375 degrees so it's nice and hot and waiting on you.

A quick confession, I actually made these weeks ago but realizing that I hadn't posted like in forever on here I went digging through photos to find something to share with you.  I had full intentions of sharing these, I just sorta forgot.

Any who, you will need the following:

Avocado's...duh!!   hee hee just kidding 
2 firm ripe avocado's
Just pop them open and then slice into thick wedges


  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 2 large eggs, beaten
  • 1 1/4 cups panko

Mix the flour & the salt in a dish.  I used 1/4 tsp but it needed more salt so next time I will go with the 1/2 teaspoon.   
Put the beaten eggs in a second dish
Put the Panko bread crumbs in third and final dish



First the avocado's make a trip through the flour mixture



then a little bath in the eggs



and finally get finished off in the panko crumbs



just pile them all up on a plate until you are finished
Your hands will be meh-ess-eee!!!



Fry these in small batches about 60 seconds flipping once while cooking



Let them get all nice and golden brown




Remove to drain on a paper towel lined plate

you can keep the cooked ones warm in a 200 degree oven while you finish the others.
But do NOT stuff one right away in your mouth as they are really hot!!  Really really hot!!
Also, you can add extra salt when you pull them out of the fryer if you need to.  We needed to ... I didn't.
Lesson learned.

Now serve them up with your favorite dipper.  We used salsa and they were super duper yummo!!!
Now a day or two later if you have leftovers, you can actually pop these on a baking sheet in the oven and heat them back up and I have to say, they were still pretty darn tasty.   

So there you have... a perfectly healthy avocado fried.  Ain't life grand!!!

Friday Happy Dance Peeps!!

Peace, Love & Yummies!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF