Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Tuesday Tumblings

Well it's Tuesday night and I've finally gotten all the photos moved to my computer and thought of the ten thousand other things I needed to do today so I'm just gonna sit here in the recliner watching "Justified"with Hubster and tell you guys what's been happening for the past 2 weeks.  I know the suspense is just killing you!!

Bear with me here because there is no rhyme or reason for the order of the photos, it's just the way they uploaded.  Oh, there's a boat load of them too after all I have two weeks of catching up to do!



Dear me....the Hubster found these at the grocery.
There's a reason I never let the man go grocery shopping.


My mama was here and we put her to work, canned 40 lbs. of tomatoes.
Anyone else want to come visit?  Ah come on, it'll be fun!


The Abogg had a birthday.  He's 22 and no, I can't believe my baby is that old.
He may be 22 but he's still my little boy.   I'll spare him the embarrassment of adding a cute little photo from his toddler days. 



We went to a new restaurant in Grapevine called Big Fish.
Good golly miss molly was it ever good!  No kidding I mean like seriously crazy delicious good!
Those were fish taco's, a half order, and that rice. Geez louise that rice.



That is a chocolate raspberry cake that was most excellent too.
Don't worry, I shared. No really I shared I promise.



When my mama was here I had her make us some of her most delightful Macaroni & Tomatoes.
I may or may not have eaten them cold the next morning.
(Don't worry, I plan on sharing the recipe a little later this week.)



This was my other birthday present from my mama.
The VB Grand Traveler in Safari Sunset.
I know I know, my mama is the bestest!


My sweet Abogg also got me the Big Betty wine glass.
Yes, it holds a whole bottle and yes, I tried it out.  Don't judge I was still celebrating my birthday.


yes, this happened and has happened a few times since.
Honestly if I hadn't watched it I would have never believed it myself.
I'm just glad I had my phone to capture the shenanigans and that I could stop laughing long enough to take the pictures.



I got some new medicine.  It looks like a bottle of chewy sweet tarts.
They're not and they have given me a headache for 2 weeks.
I should probably call the doctor...probably, maybe.


One of the gifts from the Hubster.
I love this necklace and I especially love that he had to hunt it down and surprise me with it.



When he's sleeping he's not a chewing machine.
I think I should have named him Chewbacca.





Fruit Loops with marshmallows for breakfast.
They always say you should eat the rainbow for good health.
This cereal makes for good mental health days for sure.



I made my first trip to Raisin' Canes.
The Texas Toast, the chicken and the fries were most excellent.
I'd rather not eat that sauce ever again.  Blek!



I made applesauce in the crock pot.
Tasted good but it was more like chunky apple juice.
I might have put a little too much liquid in the apples.
If nothing else those apples sure looked pretty in the crock pot.




Lest you think last week was all fun and games, it wasn't.
I kept finding small areas of the mess to clean.  It made feel a bit better and like I had some control.




This is hubster and Frankie working hard.
I had to get some concrete evidence that they were actually working.





Understand my need to find something to clean??




If nothing else I could just go out and look at this and all is right with the world again.




FancyNancy and I were out furniture shopping and it quickly went downhill so went stopped for lunch.
Went to a place called Stewby's.  If you are in Ft. Walton you should go because that was a crazy good fish sandwich.  




Hubster arrived off the plane with these.  He knows how much I love flowers.
I even brought them back home with me and they survived a 12 hour journey.



FancyNancy and I wandered across the street to the liquor store and found this for the Abogg.
We drank this in the Dominican and the Abogg loved it and I was quite excited when I found it.





One evening Hubster wanted to see the sunset.
I'm glad he interrupted my cleaning for this, sometimes you can miss out on the most beautiful things doing stuff that's not really important.



It was quite chilly down in Florida but it was still beautiful to look at.





Speaking of beautiful things to look at. Those are hot Krispy Kreme doughnuts coming down the conveyor belt to be gloriously covered in icing.  God Bless America!


We ate at another new place for us, Dewey Destins.  It was so yummy I didn't even eat my fries. I saved room for Turtle Cheesecake for dessert.  Oh yes I did, I had worked very hard and skipped lunch after all.

I had a few of these too.  Man were they good after all there's nothing left up there but the shells.


One of my favorite signs that spring is coming.
Sam Adams Alpine Springs.  ahhhhhh sweet nectar


So I figure I should show you the results of everyone's hard work.
This is the second bedroom.

And every good bedroom deserves a great bathroom

This was decorated with my friend LauraLoo in mind, she loves the flip flops!!


I saw this when I was picking up some paint.
It kind of confirmed this next decision.



This is the 3rd bedroom and wow have you seen that color scheme before someplace??
I'm totally in love with this room!  Hubster says it is his least favorite but I think it's awesome sauce even if that paint was crazy hard to get on the walls. 


This is the master bedroom.  Check out those new floors!!  DanDan, Frankie and the Hubster totally rocked the bamboo floors!

This is in the master bathroom.  It makes me laugh, just look at those faces.
It's hard to tell but the paint in the bathroom is Behr Sugar Berry.  Hubster wasn't even upset that I painted the bathroom pink. Of course he might have been delirious from the glue fumes from the flooring.


New key racks hung up inside the door.   It's always nice to have a place to hang your keys.  
No one believed me when I put something in the other condo and now it was asked if I could do it again.  You'd think they would know not to doubt me after all this time.




Sun going down the night before we left to come home.
I sure wish I could look at that every night.



When you leave at 5 am you do get to see the sunrise over the 3 mile bridge in Pensacola.




As we came into Mobile, Al we could see the blue fins of the "infamous" Carnival Cruise ship.
We only saw it we didn't smell it.




I was reading Texas Monthly, a fairly respectable magazine, and lo and behold I ran across this ad.
REALLY???  Poor Frankie almost drove off the road trying to figure out if it was a joke.
It wasn't and is Texas Monthly really the best place to advertise this??   I'm not sure the cowboys and ranchers find much appeal in this at all.



I picked up this goofball at the kennel this morning.  I mean seriously is that not the face of trouble with a capital T??  He's crazy but I sure do love him even when he's dragging my rugs out to the back yard.


OK well it's late and I'm tired and ready for bed and you've probably nodded off a few times by now!
I'll get back to you just as soon as I can with some food recipes and Mahi Mahi is on sale at Sprouts this week so I'm going to try and recreate a meal that Frankie had that was major good.

What've you been up to the past two weeks?  Do you find yourself feeling like you somehow got your grandmothers aches and pains?  No?  Maybe it's just me.

Peace, Love and Happiness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF