Friday, April 5, 2013

Lime Pepper Shrimp Scampi

Happy Friday Peeps....time to do the happy dance

Ok, now that you are all singing the Fresh Prince song in your head let's talk about some food.
(come on, you know you were and if you weren't, you are now!)

The other day I wanted something I hadn't had in a long time but I wasn't sure what, so I started digging through my little recipe box and I came across this recipe.  I used to make it all the time when it was just the Abogg and me. The Abogg has never shied away from many foods, especially not seafood.  I was a lucky mom.  I haven't made it in forever and I'm not sure why because I still love it so much.
It's fast, easy and relatively inexpensive.  So I'll stop holding out on you and let's make Lime Pepper Shrimp Scampi


You will need to go grab yourself 1 pound of shrimpies at the store.
(Don't buy the precooked)  I'm sorry to tell you but you will have to remove the shells unless you are good at talking the fish guys at the grocery into doing it for you.  At least get the headless shrimp.
Don't worry you can totally get the shells off while the pasta water is boiling.
You also should retrieve those limes in your refrigerator that have seen better days.  Then you will need lime pepper seasoning, cayenne pepper and some kind of long pasta.  Spaghetti, linguine, angel hair, whathaveyou.   

Get the pasta water to boiling then cook the pasta according to the package then drain.
While that is cooking, get to work on those shrimp shells.



One you have the shells off the shrimps just put them in a bowl and dump 1-2 Tbsp. lime pepper and 1/4-1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper over the top.
(Both of those depend on how pepper spicy you like your food, we max out around here.)



Just mix the peppers all over the shrimp (just do it with your hands) then let them set on the counter.



When the pasta is almost done drop about 2 Tbsp. of butter in a big saucepan and melt it.



When the butter is melted toss in the shrimp and sauté for 5-7 minutes.
(DO NOT overcook the shrimp)


As soon as they are pink throughout (like these are) get them out of the pan.
Just remove the shrimp from the pan because we are still using the butter and peppers stuff in the pan.




Grab that drained pasta and dump it in the pan.



I dump another Tablespoon of butter in there and still around the pasta in the pepper butter mixture until it's good and coated. 


Toss the shrimp back into the pan and mix it all around, gently please.



Now pour a couple Tablespoons of lime juice over the pasta and shrimp.
I used the juice of a whole lime in the pasta and then left the juice of another to add to the pasta to each of our taste. 



While I was picking up the shrimp I also grabbed a nice loaf of french bread at the grocery.
(plucked that cute little parsley from my garden, it never died over the winter)



We like to sprinkle ours with a bit of Parmesan cheese and voila, that's it.
Just serve in a nice big bowl (or plate) and eat.



Hubster wanted to know if you could use lemon juice and lemon pepper because he didn't know there was such thing as lime pepper.  Yes, you can.  I'm just a lime lover so I've always done mine with lime.
Plus I got that big ole' jug of Lime Pepper at the Sams Club and it lasts forever. 

See now wasn't that easy?!  
As you can also see we are still noshing on the white pasta around here from the Hubsters "stock up" trip to the grocery.  And yes, he confessed to buying a bunch of white pasta so I wouldn't buy wheat pasta.  They think they are so sneaky but I'm onto them!!!

Here is the handy dandy Printable recipe again for you.
Now go forth and cook something delicious this weekend!!!

Peace, Love & Shrimpies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF