Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Daily Supplements with Young Living

Good Morning Peeps!!!

I know many of you are still in bitter cold but it has been amazeballs weather here so far this week.   Don't get too jelly because we turn back into winter after today.   In case you somehow missed it, my birthday was Monday and I realized ya'll I'm 54 years old and I take ZERO prescription medications. Zero...Zilch....Nada.   That is amazing when you really stop and think about it because my diet isn't the best, I try but I fail a lot too, and I work really hard to meet my fitness goals on my watch everyday but there are some days, like Monday, where it just doesn't happen.   What I'm trying to say is that we have to stop treating our symptoms and start preventing them from occurring to the best of our ability.  I mean there are some things we have zero control over and we need Western medicine in its finest so don't think I'm hating on the good doctors of the world.  But there are a lot of common issues that we can control so how do we do that? Good diet and exercise and preventative healthcare, come on people it's nothing we don't already know.   One thing I did almost 3 years ago is start seeing an acupuncturist.  If you talk to me then you know I will sing her praises all day long!!  I initially started seeing her because of my seasonal allergies but now, once a month she and I chat on the sofa about what's going on in my life, my body and my mind.   Then she fills me full of needles! haha   She is a certified acupuncturist, a registered pharmacist and a certified Chinese herbalist so I always feel very confident with her treatment choices but I'm also VERY honest with her about what I'm taking, eating, doing in my life.   NEVER lie to your caregivers my friends, brutal honestly is the only way to be with your healthcare providers.

Now, one of the things we can do to take care of ourselves is to supplement our diet with various vitamins, minerals, oils and such.   I'm a Young Living distributor so you'll always see me use one of their products first because I KNOW WHERE IT COMES FROM.   Be your own advocate, do your own research and stop putting crappy chemicals in your body.   (lecture over)     I thought I'd show you what a routine day of supplements looks like for me.




First thing out of bed, I run some warm water and plop a drop of Lemon Essential oil in my water.  I also have me one of those KidScents MightyPro, my adult pixie stick.  Give them to yourself, give them to your spouse, give them to your kids but don't give them to the dog.  No really....BAD for doggies.  


Now that we've got us a big glass of water in us we can move through the day with our current supplement choices.  Yes, folks these change and evolve as my body needs them. 

So let's cover each of them and when I'm taking them because that's equally important. 
As you can see there are quite a few supplements so I need to get my "old lady" pill case out. I picked this one up on Amazon and it works perfect for me.   All those containers fit in a nice little pouch that is easily packed for travel or I can toss the days worth in my purse.   Each of the days case has 4 slots labeled: Morn-Noon-Eve-Bed




Let's move through the contents of each one:

Morn:    Allerzyme - a vegetarian enzyme that supports digestion
              Super C - contains 1440% of the recommended dietary intake of vitamin C along with rutin, citrus                   
               bioflavonoids, and minerals to balance electrolytes and enhance the effectiveness and absorption of                                            
               vitamin C.  Essential oils added may help to increase the bioflavonoid activity.   

               Both of these are usually consumed with that glass of warm water!

Noon:   Endogize- supports a healthy and balanced endocrine system in women.
             Multi-Vitamin    this one will be changing as soon as I finish this bottle. It's a great vitamin        
             but since I'm getting a little more balanced with other supplements I will be switching to 
             these and adding this this powerhouse.

Eve:     OmegaGize-  this is an amazing blend of Omega-3 fatty acids, Vitamin D-3 and CoQ-10.  
             I'm currently still taking the old formula for these and ya'll it makes  
             me fish burp! BLEK, but they are not cheap and I shall power through this bottle and then
             re-order so I can get the new formula which is now fish burp free.  

Bed:      Thyromin - nutritional support for healthy thyroid function
              Super Cal Plus - excellent source for calcium, magnesium, Vitamins D & K


That is pretty much every single day, does it seem like a lot to you?  Maybe but like I said this is constantly evolving and changing as my needs change.  The Allerzyme was added after my gallbladder removal and has supported my digestion immensely while adjusting to life without the ole' GB.    Speaking of that, there is one other supplement that I take religiously when eating out. 




Essentialzymes-4:  Essentialzymes-4 is a multi-spectrum enzyme complex specially formulated to aid the critically needed digestion of dietary fats, proteins, fiber, and carbohydrates commonly found in the modern processed diet. The dual time-release technology releases the animal- and plant-based enzymes at separate times within the digestive tract, allowing for optimal nutrient absorption.

I started taking these 2 times a day about a month after my surgery and I stand firm in my belief that these helped me resume a regular diet so quickly.   I reserve their use now for eating out at restaurants  and I will say that I can definitely tell if I forget to take it.  Things move and groove so much better when I have these in my system.  




One final daily routine that is literally a week old but i don't think I see it going away.  I pretty much already consumed 2 oz. of Ningxia Red every day already but Dr. Peter Minke has this thing called Minke's Red Drink and if you want to research, I think you'll be as blown away as I was about all the goodness drinking this every day will do for you.  You'll need the Ningxia RedSulfurzyme Powder and Lime Vitality oil and a 25 oz glass bottle (you can use an old Ningxia bottle) and filtered water to finish it off.   Drink this throughout the day every day.     There are rarely days where I don't get a minimum of 64 oz of water, most days are closer to 80 but if you struggle with the water if you can get that 10 oz of warm water with lemon oil and this 25 oz of red drink you've met half your water goal for the day already and another 3 glasses seems much more manageable.  

Oh my gosh....I totally almost forgot my favorite supplement ever!!! 


This has to be refrigerated but seriously it's the best Probiotic I've taken and believe me, I've tried them all!!!   Life 9 is a proprietary, high-potency probiotic that combines 17 billion live cultures from nine beneficial bacteria strains. It helps promote healthy digestion, supports gut health, and helps maintain normal intestinal function for the overall support of a healthy immune system.*    

I take this one sometime between dinner and bed, since it stays in the refrigerator I'm usually getting stuff ready for the next morning or cleaning up after supper and I'll grab it and wash it down.  



That's it folks...now that doesn't include the essential oils that I use.  Those change daily based on how I'm feeling and what my body tells me it needs.   Speaking of that, learn to sit quietly and meditate each day (even for 5 minutes) and listen to what your body is saying.  Don't argue with it but just listen and adjust.  Some days mine says "hey lady...I really need you to back off the water we're reaching flood stage" and some days it says "you're gonna need that second cup of coffee".   Nothing is right or wrong, it's just what YOU need in that moment and when that's different 6 times a day, that's ok too! 

Be Kind to everyone including yourself!

1 comment:

  1. Good for your heart: Studies show that taking a high-quality multivitamin may reduce cardiovascular disease. Heart disease is the leading cause of death in both men and women in the U.S. Vitamins B12 and magnesium, play a role in cardiovascular health.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF