Hey Peeps!!
Happy Tuesday!! We're still baking here in Texas and the dinners and the photos this week definitely show my lack of enthusiasm for getting dressed or cooking. Ya'll we're just burning up, and in some places I do mean that literally. Please keep all the firefighters and families of the Ross fires in your prayers, it's still only 31% contained and so many people, livestock, animals, land have been affected.
I've also noticed all the fashion influencers talking about bringing the fall into your wardrobe or let's switch out the closet to our early fall wardrobe....uhhh, hello, is my sad, tired looking bathing suit considered fall? Also, I really do not want much of anything touching my body, we are still WELL over 100 degrees with no rain or relief in site. So all you enjoy your pumpkin spice latte's and closed toe shoes, the rest of us are over here still dreaming of 90 degree temps and it not already being 80 degrees at seven in the morning!
Ok, let's get to the meat and potatoes of today's post! When I left you last week it was Tuesday and little Rouxby Sue had her vet appt. Her bloodwork came back great and we are scheduled for surgery on the 9th. She'll be trapped inside and contained for two weeks so I'm gonna need all the good vibes sent my way to contain this little bundle of energy.
Now let's move on to Wednesday because IT WAS A DAY! Yep, it was a day to be remembered. Let's start us out nice and easy because I decided to get dressed and make a Trader Joe's run.
I did end up changing my jewelry out because I decided I didn't like that necklace. Then I hit up TJ's and came home. So just after Hubster finished working for the day we got a delivery that had some new dog toys. The stuffless kind and there were 5 in the package. Little Rouxby Sue is a toy lover, like she plays and plays with her toys so we gave her one. Reggie is a toy destroyer, I mean 5 minutes and it's a goner. We felt sorry for poor Reggie so we said, you know what, just give him one and let him destroy it . We'll stand here and grab the squeakers (there were two in each toy) so he doesn't swallow them. I noticed he had chewed the end off the toy so I took it, pulled the first squeaker out and gave him the toy and I turned around for less than 10 seconds to throw the squeaker away and when I turned back around the toy was gone. At first I thought little Rouxby had stolen it as she's prone to do but nooooo, she was over on the other side of the room just playing away with her little yellow duck so YEAH, he swallowed an 18 INCH LONG TOY!! We tried the peroxide to try and get him to throw up but it didn't work so we called the vet down the road and they were in the middle of an emergency with only 1 vet in the building so they sent us to VEG ER. I called ahead to tell them we were coming and explain that Reggie turns into the Tasmanian Devil when he's required to be at the vet. We put Rouxby in her crate and loaded Reggie in the car and off we went. I could go on for hours about how amazing they were at the ER center but for the sake of time let's just cut to the chase, they got a shot in him, we waited, he FINALLY vomited but not enough, we waited some more then he REALLY started vomiting. Up came the toy then the vomiting wouldn't stop, another manhandling of the dog for another shot to make him quit vomiting, more waiting and $700 later we headed back home. Here's the photo overview but missing the actual photo of where he vomited said toy because...well, it was gross!
This is Rouxby's toy, I took it with us so they knew how big the toy was that Reggie swallowed.
Here we are waiting while they come up with a treatment plan.
It's an open concept ER kind of like an ICU unit is setup, it's actually very impressive.
Here we are waiting for it all to begin. They had to throw down a lot of puppy pads and towels before we left but they always assured us it was fine and not to worry if he vomited on the floor, which he did, a LOT.
And this is the poor little guy after the second shot, he was wiped out for sure. And yes, that it two leashes on him and at one point there were a total of 4 leashes on him. I might have mentioned he becomes the Tasmanian Devil.
Back at home and he was like this until the next morning. So very sleepy. We got little Rouxby fed and Hubster ate some leftovers and I had a bowl of cereal because we were supposed to be going to dinner with the neighbors. We all went to bed early because it was in fact A DAY! Those toys are still in a bin on top of the dryer, they will only come out when Rouxby is being supervised and Reggie is nowhere around.
Thursday brought another busy day. I cleaned the house all day, our MereBear had to have a tonsillectomy and Reggie stayed on his best behavior. We went to dinner with the neighbors since those plans got interrupted the night before. Our favorite local pizza place, Tony's Pizza & Pour House
It's Friday and since I went to Trader Joe's and we already ate out we stayed in for dinner. I just took these ingredients and came up with dinner. I put the meatballs and the marinara in the crock pot earlier in the day so all I had to do was warm up the pasta primavera.
The pasta sauce was in the pantry, I always keeps several jars of marinara in the pantry, so many ways to use for a last minute dinner. The turkey meatballs were good the night we made them but leftover, they were not at all. I probably will not purchase those again. The pasta primavera was good but it barely served the two of us.
That's how I served it. It wasn't bad, don't get me wrong, we just weren't fans of the meatballs.
This was my outfit on Friday, you've seen it before, all old from Target.
Saturday we were a little stir crazy and it was hot so we ran over to the pizza place so the Hubster could collect his prize for the Cowboys/Saints pre-season game so we grabbed a drink and a pizza for a late lunch. It was sooo good, I mean the pizza is always good but this one was fire. We even complimented the pizza baker when he came out from the kitchen to get a drink. After that we decided to run over to the Home & Garden show. About 3 aisles in we looked at each other and said "why are we here?" It was roofers, gutter, bath and kitchen remodelers ALL things we've just completed. We did buy some yummy nuts and talked to the Tea Chemist and purchased some teas so it wasn't a complete loss. Made a quick stop on the way home and grabbed some steaks for dinner. I totally forgot to take any pictures but we grilled the steaks and I mixed up this Trader Joe's Cranberry Orange Spinach Salad mix.
It was delicious and that's all I have for you. I slapped on the same shorts I wore to eat pizza the other night with this t-shirt. Every time I wear this I forget to get a picture. oops!
It was especially fitting to wear this week!
Sunday came and we were not feeling like doing anything again so we headed out to get a sandwich for lunch. We went to Cheba Hut and I had the 4 inch Power Plant and Hubster had the 8 inch AK-47. We love their sandwiches and they have 3 flavors of Kool-Aid in the machines.
Here's my sandwich before I started munching away.
t-shirt (s) shorts (4) We headed home and hung out there the rest of the day and had leftovers for dinner.
Yesterday was a new week and we did all the Monday things around here and then had a clean out the refrigerator night. We are probably going to have a few neighbors over some time this weekend so I wanted to start the week with a clean refrigerator plus Tuesday is trash day.
t-shirt bike shorts (very old from J-Crew)
I was supposed to have Jury Duty today but it was resolved over the weekend and I'm ever so grateful, it was going to be a horrific case to sit through and not scream public castration with no anesthesia for punishment. Hopefully justice was served appropriately.
I did have to run to the bank to deposit a check from the insurance company (we've FINALLY got all the storm damage claim resolved) so I threw this old WallyWorld outfit on.
I'm unsure what's for dinner tonight so I better get this wrapped up and figure that one out.
In the meantime, let's do our wrap up.
Reading: I finished up the Easton Island: Small Favors Big Rewards book and started on Murder Most Cryptic: A Mystery. It doesn't come out until February of 2027 and so far I'm not enjoying it at all. It's an ARC copy so I will finish and review it but that won't come soon enough! I am listening to a book in a favorite series of mine: Finlay Donovan Crosses the Line. This series is hilarious and I love the narrator so much that I've listened to every book so far. The 7th book is due out in March of 2027 and I've already pre-ordered it. Allegedly Tina Fey is adapting the series for Peacock, we can only hope!
Ya'll, I'll say it again...Taylor Sheridan knocks it out of the park with this series! Also, in case you wondered, Kyle is my favorite on the show. What about you?
We also started watching the second season of Leanne on Netflix. They are short episodes and the parents are quite hilarious this year as is Carol, the sister. Needless to say, we are eagerly awaiting the new show seasons to start!
That's all for today, and I realize it was quite lengthy again but let's be honest, if I tried to split this into two posts, I'd never get them done. haha. I'm well aware of my own shortcomings. You never know, I may do something astounding and post a recipe or some Amazon goodies this week, hard to say!
Peace, Love, and Send Rain
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!