Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Quarantine....Day 4,379

Hey Peeps!!

Hope you are all doing well during this fine Pandemic we're experiencing!   This self proclaimed homebody is getting B-O-R-E-D indeed!   Don't get me wrong I have PLENTY to do.  Take my bathroom, last week I started painting it (LONG overdue) and it was raining and it was fine.   My wallpaper samples came and I'm not crazy about either of them so those are hanging over the tub still reminding me that I need to find new wallpaper samples.

 My closet (which is part of the bathroom) is the catchall for all my supplies so this is what it looks like....


The sun came out yesterday, FINALLY, and it was 80 degrees and I don't want to be cooped up in the house so I played around in the back yard yesterday and then washed my car so until it rains, that bathroom is probably going to be a mess! haha  

Anywho, I thought I'd pop on here and share what we've been having for dinner.   Since everyone is in the same boat of having to eat at home and running out of ideas for easy dinners I thought I'd share what we've had and you can show me what you've been doing.   There won't be photos because I haven't taken any.  I will probably throw in some odd ones from my camera roll just to make sure you are awake.  haha

Let's start waaaaay back on the 16th after we took the kids on a Costco trip in preparation of the impending lockdowns.   

Monday- March 16:  We had Spinach/Chicken Ravioli with a Salad
Tuesday - March 17:  Stir Fry 
Wednesday - March 18:  Pulled Pork (Costco) on Hawaiian Rolls and Potato Salad
Thursday - March 19: Grilled Chicken  &  Salad
Friday- March 20: Homemade Pizza's    ( I made a grocery run today, mostly for fresh produce)

I'm currently reading this creepy book.   I read it many moons ago but it was the book for April Book Club, it's now the May book club book.  Charles Manson freaks me out so bad!!

Saturday - March 21: We ordered Take out from the Mexican restaurant, La Choza.  It's just outside our neighborhood.  We even rode up there to pick it up on the golf cart.  

Sunday - March 22:  Grilled Pork Chops and Roasted Green Beans with Hawaiian Rolls
             This was the laziest day we've had, it was rainy and icky and we piddled around in the house               doing nothing most all day long. 

Monday - March 23:  Lemon Pepper Shrimp Scampi, Salad & TX Toast   ( I've made the lime pepper shrimp scampi on the blog before and the only thing is I used a frozen shrimp and followed the directions on the package for defrosting.  It didn't take nearly as long to cook so watch your shrimp and don't overcook them)  

Tuesday - March 24:  Taco Night  We had regular hard shell Taco's and a cooked up a corn & black bean skillet mixture with some fresh jalapeƱo's as the side dish.  I'm going to mix up some rice and we'll have Taco bowls for lunch today.

Wednesday - March 25:  Tonight we are having Ham steaks with mashed potatoes, green peas and biscuits. 


I also had this bottle of wine over the last 2 nights.  I'm not a huge Chardonnay person but my "wine guy" recommended it to me and he was NOT wrong.  It's lovely!!  We've been eating out back on the patio in this wonderful weather so it's paired perfectly with that.   


In case you wondered, Winston has been extra vigilant with protecting our kitchen door from evil doers.  He's done more than anyone's fair share of napping too, he's really having no trouble with this Shelter in Home initiative.   

He's also quite the pro at finding all the mud in the backyard and we've had a few dips in the pool to clean our feet.  As a matter of fact, I left you guys momentarily after the above photo to do just that.  I'm gonna get a shower because now my feet are chilly!   The pool is only about 65 degrees but it's actually not horrible.  I'm considering a float excursion later today!  

Don't forget....let us know what you're having for dinner!  Stay at home and keep washing your hands!

Peace, Love & Toilet Paper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF