Wednesday, September 23, 2026

SammaSpot Snapshot 9.23.26

Hey Peeps!!!

Well I'm a day late and a dollar short as they say.  It's been a busy week with lots of little things going on so I'm just now getting to this post.   Hang tight..that usually means I'm long winded. 

Let's catch up with little Rouxby Sue first, we had an appointment at the vet this morning to have her stitches removed.  The expectation was that she would be released from the leash that has her attached to me at the hip constantly HOWEVER, there were other plans in place.  She needs to be kept from jumping, running, stairs, swimming for another week!!  YIKES, I'm not sure how we are both going to cope with this one AND the girl is out of meds for chilling her out.  I called the vet after we got home to get Reggie on the schedule for his shots and I mentioned that we didn't have any more meds.  We are going to try to go without them for a few days but they said call back if we need to put her back on them.  Buckle up, it's going to be a long week ahead around here.  

Ok, let's get to the meat and potatoes of these weekly posts and that's food and what I'm wearing.  I'd like to say fashion but let's be honest about putting those words in is a bit misleading.  haha. 

Running back to last Wednesday, I had to run to the Vet's office to get Rouxby's meds and then I had to notarize some documents for a neighbor so I needed to put on something somewhat presentable. It appears I didn't do much with the mop on top of my head.   Probably a hair clip since it's still pushing 100 degrees here. 


I did throw on my silver Birkenstocks when I left the house. They are too easy to slip on and head out the door.   


Back at home it's time to get dinner started.  For some reason I'm on some quest to never go to the grocery and eat all the food in our refrigerator/freezer.  Possibly sitting with Rouxby all the time is making me very lazy....could go a lot of directions.     Anywho, we had some black bean burgers and some Trader Joe's hash brown patties for dinner. 


Yes, I like a lot of ketchup on my hash browns!  

Thursday I just had zero motivation, I was supposed to go to a denim event at my local Evereve store and since I really could use another pair of jeans I really should have mustered the energy to go but alas I did not.   So I threw some clothes on and it looks like I might have actually washed my hair.   Obviously, I was VERY busy that I snapped a photo while brushing my teeth.  ðŸ˜‚

shorts (26) t-shirt (s- old Target Universal Threads)

We had a standby dinner that night.   Fish sticks, biscuits and green peas.


We buy the fish sticks in a big bag from Costco, those are the biscuits I told you about from Costco bakery and then canned LeSeur peas.   We have this meal often and yet it never fails to make the Hubster so happy.  

Friday morning started with one of my weaknesses.  I mean I try to eat pretty well and not a lot of really bad for you stuff but I will never give up on my beloved Pop-Tarts.   I've declared Fridays as Pop-Tart Friday and if I want them, I have them on Friday.  I'll also allow during road trips and during Mardi Gras, because both of those occasions call for looking like a 5 year old got set loose in the grocery with $50 to spend on snacks!


Looks like I had Brown Sugar Cinnamon toasted with butter, which is the best way to eat them.


I also retract my statement about my hair yesterday, looks like it was only pulled back and I actually washed it on Friday.  One can never tell around here.   I did get dressed even though we didn't really have anything planned.  Turns out we had to run to Target to pick up a few things and a prescription for Hubster. I had a craving for French fries too.   Actually, I think I just really needed to get out of the house.
I think I tossed on my sperry's from Nordstrom on for shoes, I'm not entirely sure.


We ran to BoomerJacks for a quick bite and I had my favorite Brown Bag Burger, it's only on their Happy Hour menu but if you ask nicely they will make you one.  Of course I got my fries and a nice cold brew and all was right in my world again.   I'm pretty sure I hadn't eaten anything except those pop-tarts all day. 

Saturday morning had neither of us wanting to do much so we ran out to Central Market and Walmart.  I needed to pick up a couple more things for a gift basket for our amazing Reygun.  Her family had a little surprise get together in her honor on Sunday.   


Those are my ratty old converse tennis shoes and the t-shirt is the Vineyard Vines one I picked up a couple of weekends ago.     We got home and then ran up to our fave pizza spot, Tony's Pizza & Pour House.  A couple of our neighbors had birthdays so we went and had ourselves a grand ole time even though Hubsters team lost their football game Saturday night. 

Sunday we got up and got ready and headed up to Durant, OK for the celebration.  I have no photos because I was just having a good time celebrating a big achievement for our girl Reygun!  This liquid business poured from the sky on our way home, it did not manage to make it to our house but it was nice to remember what it looks like coming down from the sky....maybe one day soon!

It's a new week and Monday so let's get things going!  


Yes, it's what you see...I washed my hair, not only did I wash it, I also put some color in it.  Those gray roots were a little rough looking.    I have on my WallyWorld shorts and a concert t-shirt from the Leon Bridges show here in Ft Worth.  


When we ran to Central Market on Saturday they were sampling those delicious crab cakes so we grabbed some of those and a piece of lime pepper salmon.  I mixed up the lime coleslaw and dinner was served.   That's remoulade sauce on top of my crab cake.  I just pan fried them and baked the salmon, quick, easy and delicious. 

Yesterday I had my class at TCU and so I got dressed once again....we are on a roll!


In this pic I had on a pair of leopard dolce vita sandals but I ended up changing into my crocs before I left.  That sweater is from the new Scenario line at WalMart and ya'll it's good!  I don't know what's happened at Walmart but their clothing is fire this year!  
 

Back home, it was time for dinner.  We fired up the grill and had a steak that we'd also picked up on Saturday at Central Market.  I tossed together a green salad and dinner was served.  Let me tell you, the quality of meat truly makes a difference.  The last steak we made was just ok, this one was fantastic and the only thing different was the quality of the meat.   I'm kind of sorry we don't have any leftovers because I wish I had some for dinner tonight,


If you haven't worked your NYT Wordle today then AVERT YOUR EYES because I have to show my grid today.



I told Hubster I was basically a genius! haha. 



Hubster had to leave for a conference this morning and Rouxby Sue had a vet appointment so we were up and dressed early today.   I  threw those ratty converse shoes on again and off we went.  

And now I'm sitting here watching the sky grow dark and praying there's a little pop up shower on its way to us!  

Let's get the wrap up completed because it's approaching doggie dinnertime around here.

Reading:  I finished A Trick of the Light and started on a new ARC book from NetGalley.  Big Cult Energy by Jack Friday.   This is the second book in the series and is due out June 1, 2027.  It's taking me a minute to get into it but that was the same with the first book so I'll definitely finish it. I didn't manage to get a new audiobook started yet.


Watching:  Ok, the Lioness season finale did not disappoint but I'm eagerly awaiting word that there will be a Season 4!  We did start watching the Traitors and we will probably start Mobland this weekend. 

Ok, that's what's up for now and I've got to get out of this chair, do a rain dance and feed the puppets. Their tummies are screaming for dinner time.  I will probably have cereal or something equally ridiculous since I'm home alone.  

Ya'll have a great week!!
Peace, Love, & I Knew It Was Aaliyah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF