Monday, August 17, 2026

2026 Nordstrom sale purchases

Hey Peeps!

I know it's a little late coming but I thought I'd show you what I ended up purchasing for the Nordstrom Anniversary sale this year.

Initially it was the largest order I've ever placed and it ended up probably being one of the fewest kept items in the end.   Hubster ended up on the best end of the sale in this house!



Top: ON Cloudsurfer Max (11).  His color is Cinder/pelican 

Normally, he has 2 pair of tennis shoes that he switches back and forth with then when he needs a new pair, the old pair become his yard shoes.  I ordered 7 pair of shoes for him to try because you can't beat the sale prices on these shoes.   He now has these three new pairs and two that are still in great condition.   We don't have to think about tennis shoes for him for at least a year now.  

Now, let's see the one pair of shoes Samma picked up


I'm trying to add shoes slowly to my wardrobe because most of the time it's sandals, boots or tennis shoes shoes.   Occasionally I need something else, these are pretty comfortable and the chocolate suede is a big trend this fall but these still feel like a classic style.
 

Here's what I was wearing today, we'll skip this one next week on the wrap up.  :-)
Nothing you haven't seen a hundred times.

shorts (s) t-shirt from Paducah, Ky (old)

Now, you'll understand why I have these shorts on in all the following photos

First up, a basic white t-shirt- good weight, not too heavy, not see through, just a touch longer sleeve.
Perfect for your basic white tee.



No, I don't intend to wear the shirt like this but I wanted you to see the length on it so I pulled it down. 

This next one was a sleeper in the sale IMHO.  It was a great price and the rugby polo's are trending this fall.  This one is super cozy soft too.   


Here's a close up of the stripe on the fabric




The next top was a splurge (at least for me) and it stayed in the maybe pile for a very long time before I finally caved and decided to keep it.   Pictures don't do this one justice, it's a beautiful simple top that is surprisingly soft and comfy. 




I took a closeup of the lace cutwork too



That's it for the clothing, next up we have socks!
haha, I mean it's not like we don't always need socks and Bombas are some of my favorite socks and I generally only buy them on sale.


And finally, hand towels for the bathroom.  Riveting content we're dishing out isn't it?!

white hand towels

Now, I had all kinds of cashmere on order then when we were in Louisiana, my sweet friend showed me her Quince cashmere and I promptly ordered from Quince while we were driving home. 


You saw this one as the outfit I wore on the plane to Chicago a few weeks ago. It's a great price via that link but if you order it from the app it's even less!  I could not tell the difference between the Nordstrom cashmere tee and this one from Quince.  


Last year I got a basic beige cashmere during the sale and I wanted to pick up a grey this year.
Much like at Nordstrom, I always size up on my cashmere crewneck sweaters.  They are thin enough not to be bulky but I like them loose enough to wear something under it and it still be loose and casual.


That's all, see I told you it was a minimal year which is surprising since this would be the year that I really needed to find/purchase basic clothing.   I have temporarily paused my Nuuly subscription, I probably won't start it back up until it cools off around here or we have another trip come up. 

What about you guys?  Do you shop the Nordstrom Anniversary sale?  What did you find that you feel like everyone else overlooked?   

I better run do something productive before the day gets away from me!


Peace, Love, & Cashmere 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF