HOW did it get to be August my Peeps??? We are still in the midst of the DOG Days of Summer around here and have been spending some time in the pool every day.
Rouxby Sue is just chilling while she dries from her morning swim.
I was just doing chores and stuff around the house and we got a message to join several neighbors at our local pizza place, Tony's Pizza & Pour House. Thankfully I had washed and dried my hair, so a quick change of clothes was all I needed.
Sunday after we got a few chores around the house done we headed out for a bunch of little errands.
I was also wearing my trusty silver Birkenstock sandals
After we finished running some errands my two day craving for French fries won and we stopped at BoomerJacks on the way home. They definitely hit the spot.
Monday brought the usual laundry, house tidying and pool time. We had a super yummy dinner that I totally forgot to grab a picture of. Grilled pork chops, roasted potatoes and roasted green beans. Delish!
Later after dinner was all cleaned up, I noticed the birds were especially active in the backyard so I grabbed a snack and sat on the porch to watch them.
If you haven't tried the Shameless Snacks yet, you don't know what you're missing!
They are so yummy but get this....only 3 grams of sugar and 26...yes, 26 grams of fiber!! I'm a personal fan of the super sour flavor, they aren't super sour but just a little sour and so yummy, hard to believe it's the candy snack that is kind of good for you.
Today was another day of getting some things done around the house, a little bit of pool time because we are going to be taking a quick little trip starting Thursday so I've got a lot to get done.
Since we are trying not to have leftovers we had the Southwest Tomato Soup I had in the refrigerator.
Sadly, that'll be the last of it for awhile because it's too hot for the tomatoes to set so our cherry tomato supply has definitely dried up.
We also had grilled cheese sandwiches with the last 4 slices of bread and some more of that yummy white American cheese from Central Market.
We have a 5:10 am flight Thursday morning....YES, 5 in the morning people. Believe me, we've had the discussion of whether it's even worth going to bed to only have to get up at 2 am to get ready to leave for the airport. We're flying stand-by so cross your fingers and pray the flight gods are with us. We leave Thursday and will be back around lunch on Monday. You'll just have to wait and see where we end up, you can never tell when you decide to fly standby!
With all that said, you most likely won't hear from me until Tuesday or Wednesday but hopefully I'll remember to take outfit pics!
Let's do our wrap up because my pups need their night time yogurt snack and we are trying to go to bed early so tomorrow night won't be so bad.
Reading: I'm still reading A Cyclist's Guide to Villians & Vines and tomorrow I have to download a couple of books since it's about a 7 hour plane ride to our destination.
And before you ask, no I'm still not finished with that gosh dang The Goldfinch.
Watching: We are waiting on The Lioness to get a few more episodes in before we start watching. Other than that it's just America's Got Talent, The Great Food Truck Race and Alone. Pretty slow TV times.
That's all I got for you today- see you next week!
Peace, Love, & Shameless Snacks
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!