Thursday, August 20, 2026

Lime Pepper Shrimp Scampi

Hey Peeps!

I'm back today with another one of my quick and easy summertime dinner dishes.

I don't remember where I first got this recipe but it's been with me and in a dinner rotation for probably close to 20 years now!   I remember making it the first time for the Abogg when he was in middle school and we lived in Florida.   That should tell you how easy and good this one is.


Lime Pepper Shrimp Scampi


Let's do it & for old time's sake let's start with the cast of characters (i.e. the ingredients )

1 lb shrimp
1-2 Tbsp Lime pepper seasoning
¼-1 tsp cayenne pepper (depends on your heat preference)
1Tbsp butter + more for pasta 
Juice of whole lime
Pasta

1) Take your shrimp and add the lime pepper seasoning and the cayenne pepper.  Mix it all up and set it off to the side - you can do this earlier in the day and just pop it in the refrigerator.
2) Let's get that pasta cooking 
3) Melt your butter in a skillet, add the shrimp and sauté 5 minutes or so.  Don't overcook your shrimp.
4) Add the lime juice to cooked shrimp
5) Drain your pasta ( I like to keep out a touch of the pasta water just in case I need it)
6) Add some butter to your hot pasta (1-2 Tbsp) and then mix in your shrimp mixture.

That's it, dinner is served!

Add a small salad and some bread and you've got a full meal.

I usually keep a 1 lb bag of frozen shrimp in the freezer, makes this dinner so easy to throw together. Of course, if you can get fresh shrimp all the better, just make sure they are peeled and deveined.  I use the medium, 41-60 /lb size. 
Now, if you have trouble finding lime pepper, you can use lemon pepper and lemon juice instead. 
Easy, peasy, lemon squeezey!


It's still like living inside an Air Fryer here in Texas so we're having salads with leftover ham tonight.  

Peace, Love, & AC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF