Tuesday, November 19, 2013

For the Love of Foam at Home by Gevalia and House Party

Hey hey hey!!!

Yes she lives and breathes and has not fallen off the face of the gracious earth!
I'm not even going to try and explain my lengthy absence other than to say sometimes we stray off the beaten path but eventually find our way back.   I'm trying to get my mojo back peeps..trying is all I can promise you but know that I am trying.

On with the show!!
(and my over usage of ! and ( )'s-heehe)


If you have hung around this blog any amount of time then you know that I love me some House Party fun and while that Soda Stream party has eluded me oh about 6 times now,  I'm still chugging along and trying and having other great parties.   If you don't know about House Party then just  click on this quick little explanation.  You can even sign yourself up or someone you think might be a splendid hostess.  House Party NEVER has anything to sell when you attend a party, it's just a fun way to spend time with friends and discover a new product and maybe get some good swag!

This particular party was the





I have to tell you I was a bit skeptical.  How did Gevalia believe they were going to be able to convince me that I could have frothy cappuccino at my house? Out of my Keurig?   Seriously, the curiosity alone was worth applying for the party.   Fortunately I was selected and now you shall get a pictorial account of my the days leading up to and including party day.   Grab a hot cup o' joe and relax and enjoy the photos.  (as usual there will always be my witty commentary included and the obligatory dog photo)



Party Pack boxes are always a welcome site at the door.



the goodies!!!


hey lady....you done with that box yet?
You know those are my fave toys!



Testing begins:
Step 1 : pour foaming packet into mug



Step 2: Insert coordinating coffee pod in Keurig



Step 3: Commence coffee brewing






By jove we have foam!
It works, it really works.
AND...it's delicious!!   I tried them all and my favorite:
The regular cappuccino with some hazelnut torani syrup.
Most excellent indeed!





Time to party.  This means it is time to insert donut holes and strawberries on skewers.
(I actually started decorating the table on Thursday before the party on Saturday)




This means please stop taking pictures of me and vacuum the floors before everyone gets here.
It could also mean my allergies are driving me so crazy I might scratch out my eyeballs.



Table is almost ready.
(the Pinterest idea of donut holes & berries on skewers was cute but not as effective as I imagined)



I spent waaaaayyy too much time on the internet finding coffee sayings to write all over the "tablecloth".  I hope my guests read them  :-)




Before he sneaks off to the football game, I try to show Abogg how to use the stencils.



Abogg and AprilMayJune are listening quite intently to my coffee spiel 

(p.s.  her name is only one of those months) 




Actually they just wanted coffee so they could head out to watch the Bears Sic'Em all over Tech.
(shameless football plug there)
(one other note: that dish towel is there to wipe slobber off the dogs face-yes, it's sad)



I have no clue how he got this tall?
Or how I got so lucky to be his mom!





Looks like everything is ready



Coffee basket is filled to the brim with samples waiting to be brewed.



I FINALLY bought a cow creamer.  This was my one chance to buy one and have some sort of excuse for doing so.  I love those little buggers.  




Well looky here, doughnuts!!!
NOW it's a party.



HouseParty even sent along some stencils to use to make designs on top of the foam.
Apparently they think I'm an artist.  Saddest happy face you've ever seen made by yours truly.
I also had a nice bowl of flavorings to perk up your selection.



Door prizes!!  These contained:
1 Coffee Mug
1 pack shortbread cookies
1 pack mini Altoids in tin
1 coupon for FREE box of Gevalia Foam Kcups

Winners of door prizes:  FrankieL and MissGloria




Another look at doughnuts because you know what goes better with coffee than donuts?
(I spell doughnuts both ways...I can't decide which I prefer)




Another shot of the table.  There was some hot chocolate and some regular coffee too.
Beverage equality in this house



party basket



and the guests begin arriving



I'm sure I was explaining how the foam packets worked.
(yeah, let's go with that theory)



Part of the party pact you make is that you will upload a group photo to your HouseParty party page.
This was attempt #1



take 2 is getting there



3rd times a success!!

I have the best friends, I'm a lucky girl.

I can't tell you how much I adore having these parties.  I get to sample new products, spend time with great friends and hopefully send them home with some goodies.   Some parties have more "swag" than others but they are always fun and in my book, that's pretty hard to beat.

(plus it's an incentive to get out of my yoga pants and comb my hair)

Just in case I haven't bombarded you with enough this is a list of all the parties I've hosted.
I'd say it's been a successful venture with HouseParty and one day, I'll get that SodaStream party for sure!   Until then, we'll just keep on having fun with the next party.  

Your party page »
You're a host!
Go to your party page now and get in on all the action.
View my party!
Your party page »
Your party page »
Your party page »
Your party page »
Your party page »

Peace, Love & Party on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF