Monday, June 16, 2014

Beach Reading conclusion

So I figured I should finish up the Beach Reading post since you know I've been back home for a week or so now!

If you want to review the first 5 books I read on vacation just click right here and come on back and we'll finish off the list.

Book 6:
Toad in the Hole (The Rachael O'Brien Chronicles Book 4)





As you can see this is Book 4 in the series.  I like these books as a fun quick read between your more serious books.  I also like that I can usually pick them up for free or 99 cents and if I pay full price they are usually on a few bucks.   Once again, they aren't going to win a Pulitzer but they are fun, easy books to read.  That is of course if you like reading about a 80's college girl who finds her way into way too much trouble.  Rachael is up to her usual antics but this time she is traveling in London with her newly discovered grandmother.    I would suggest beginning with the first book in the series and progressing through as the relationships and the dynamics depend on the earlier books.  I'm gonna be kind and give you the picture link to the other three books too as sometimes it gets confusing trying to figure out the order of the books to read.


Deep Fried and Pickled (The Rachael O'Brien Chronicles Book 1)


Summer Flambè (The Rachael O'Brien Chronicles)


Shelled and Shucked (The Rachael O'Brien Chronicles Book 3)


Book 7:


The Quiet Game (Penn Cage Novels)

You guys......I'm in love with this new series of books!!!  I told you I went to Facebook and asked what I should read and I got so many amazing suggestions but my friend Jerry from high school got me started on this author and I'm addicted!!!   I mean this book had me captivated from the beginning.  Let's start with the author Greg Iles, he is crazy good.  I read something that called his writing Southern Gothic.  I'm not sure about that but if you like James Patterson, John Grisham, Sandra Brown, David Baldacci, Harlan Coben or John Sandford then you should give this series a try.   The main character is Penn Cage and is centered in the town of  Natchez, Mississippi when the author actually lives.    This is what Amazon had to say about the book:

When former prosecutor Penn Cage returns to his hometown of Natchez, Mississippi, he doesn't find the peace he desperately craves. He finds that his own father is being blackmailed by a corrupt ex-cop. And when Penn investigates, he uncovers a murderous secretand the small town's violent past.

I'm not telling you anything more other than READ THESE BOOKS!!!!   The worst part about the book is you can't stop reading and then it is over.  Love them   A+++++++



Book 8:



Turning Angel: A Novel (A Penn Cage Novel)


I"m about 60% through this book and it is equally captivating.  It's phenomenal and I can't wait to see how this mystery unfolds.   I'm not going to put the Amazon synopsis of the book in here because quite frankly it gives away the ending of the first book and I want you to enjoy the first book as much as I did.  I'm going to go ahead and rate the book even though I'm not done because there is no way I'll be disappointed.  I can't thank Jerry enough for the recommendations of this series and my rating is A+.

So there you have it, 7 complete books on vacation and 1 started.   It was a great time and I have so many other things to post about and will do my best.  Believe it or not I'm still cooking and cleaning and gardening and  ready to start decorating this new house so we are gonna have a busy summer my friends!!



                                                              Peace, Love & Yummy books!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF