Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Traveling with Samma: Waco, Texas


Hi dee ho there peeps!!!!

I know, I know I promised you a Travel post about San Francisco but quite honestly I've been soooo stinking busy that you're getting this one first.  Don't believe me, let me tell you since I last posted on February 9th this is the craziness that has been my life.

Feb. 10th and 11th I spent attempting to restore some semblance of order back to the house at the same time tearing it apart.  We left on Friday with a U-haul trailer loaded to drive down to Austin where we spent the entire weekend moving Court and Aus to their new house.  YAY!!!  No more apartment life for those two AND they got a new puppy.  As luck would not be in our favor we have yet to meet the new fur baby of the family as they left to go get her after we headed back home on Sunday.  

Monday the 15th arrived and Hubster made his usual flight to Tampa and I had a Young Living oils webinar that evening but spent the better part of the day trying to get the laundry caught up from the weekend and reassemble the house.   Tuesday arrived and brought more of the Amazingly wonderful warm February weather so off to the yard I was to work.  You never know when it will be cold again (ahem today) so I wanted to get as much done of the February yard chores as I could.  Then we arrive at Wednesday and LL and I headed down to Waco for a little shopping road trip.  A twist on craft Wednesday if you will.

Where did we go?  Oh, come on....you know where we went!!!!


Yep, our first stop of the day was Magnolia Market Silos.

Let's just blow through the answers to your questions:
1) No, Joanna wasn't there (her mom was not either)
2) No, Chip wasn't there
3) Yes, the store is beautiful
4) Yes, it's worth the drive
5) You couldn't pay me to go on a Saturday, Wednesday was perfect as far as crowds go
6) No pics of the inside of the store because my hands were full- not kidding




Out behind the Silos is this cute little building, I'm not sure what will be housed in it but it sure is cute!  I kind of wish it was in my back yard actually, it'd make a perfect pool house.



The olive buckets were all over the gardens filled with ornamental lettuces' and herbs. 
Made me wish I had about 100 of them myself and of course if you wished to purchase one they were for sale inside the Silos. 



I can't wait to go back in the summer when the garden is in its full glory!!




LL and I conned some young teen boy who was looking very bored to take our picture.  
What I learned from this pic....I need some sun on my legs and I need a haircut really badly!
LL looks totes adorbs as usual!! 


Now to pick a food truck to enjoy!!



 This is the one we settled on. 


The Sic "Em on a Chicken is why we choose this food truck!




This is mine....I ordered mine without the biscuit. You know since I'm not supposed to be eating gluten and all.  (I've cheated a LOT lately though)


This was LL's, she's a lucky duck and got to eat that biscuit!   


This is my haul from Magnolia.
Of course I had to get me a t-shirt ...they are sooooo soft and I had a hard time choosing from the cute options.   That little pear is wood and then the two candle holders are birch wood and my long olive basket.  


You can kind of see my juice glasses better here.  They have farm animals on them and I adore them!!!



I got this vintage looking poster for my kitchen.  $4 bucks people!!!  Once again, so many cute ones to choose from I should have gotten a couple more. 

(sorry for the bad iPhone pics)

After lunch we headed over to Roots Boutique.  I have no pictures but let me tell you....I wish to move in that store!!  And yes, I did actually buy 2 dresses, 1 top and 1 necklace.  Let me tell you that's a BIG shopping day for me for sure!!!


Then as if the day couldn't get better we went round the corner from Roots and found the lovely gem that is known as the Spice Village.  Lordy mercy me people, you need to have more than a few hours for this place.  SO MUCH GREAT stuff you never knew you needed.  Here's just a couple of my purchases.




This is now our new hamper for wet towels in the bathroom.  Thankfully LL talked some sense into me and I got the smaller of the two.  It's just perfect and Hubster even liked it so it's a double winner.
On a side note I only tripped over it like twice after I put it in the bathroom.   You see that door behind it, that's where the potty room is....so yeah, in the dark I tripped over the bucket!



I picked up this mug because like I had to!!  I mean hellooooo not only is it English Bulldogs but it's got a reference to Winston Churchill 

Speaking of Winston Churchill I seem to have left my dear peeps out of his life lately so here he is in his current disposition.  


Is that not the saddest face ever??  He was quite displeased with the weather today. It's raining (we NEED it badly) but Sir Winston is not happy about missing his morning walk.  Sorry Winston, I love you but not enough to walk in the cold windy rain.   

So hopefully this week we'll get you guys caught up with traveling posts and other such things.  

Have you made a road trip to Waco? Do you want to? If you do, just come stay with me and I'll take you.  One last note about Waco and what Fixer Upper and Baylor have down for that city.   We took Abogg down to Baylor in the fall of 2009 and honestly it's like a new place.  Shops are opened back up, buildings refurbished and the city coming back to life.  It's so great to see so many people benefitting from a new football stadium and a TV show.  Crazy how things work out isn't it?

Now I think I should go get dinner made before Hubster eats everything in the house!

Peace, Love & Waco 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF