Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Morning Glory Happy

Good Wednesday Morning!



The Morning-Glory, in the family Convolvulaceae, contains at least 50 genera and more than 1000 species. Morning-Glory flowers are one of the best flowers to decorate our fences and walls.
As the name goes, morning glory flowers are vines, which are saucer-shaped, opening at morning time.
Kingdom
Plantae
Division
Magnoliophyta
Class
Magnoliopsida
Order
Solanales
Family
Convolvulaceae
Genus
Ipomoea

source

Back in late April we were at Canton and I found a booth with some Morning Glory plants.  We bought two and I told Hubster "won't it be awesome if it just fills up the back fence with these".   He humored me and we planted and waited. They grew....s l o w l y and then the sun and the heat came and then they grew some more and some more and some more.  Yes indeed those two little plants started taking over the back fence.


However the flowers were few and far between and Hubster consoled me with "at least the vines are nice".   Well now the weather has a slight nip of fall and WOW.....my little Morning Glory dreams are coming true.  Apparently the Texas heat is a wee more heat than these beauties care for.




(pardon the dead tree...we are waiting on the snakes to go into hiding)




The blue flowers are just beautiful!



Ack....I know, right!!



Too bad there isn't a place to sit back here



I sure hope these come back next year!



“The beauty of a morning glory, is that of its patient wait for the sun to bloom in the morning!” 
― Mary Kate

Be Morning Glory happy today my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF