Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Crockpot cooking and a new kitchen wreath




Hey there!!! I have good news and bad news. Good news I have a new crockpot recipe to share... Bad news, no pictures!! Yep I completely forgot to take pics but I'm gonna give you the recipe and tell you it's yummy and it's easy so make it and enjoy!! You won't mess it up at all!!! The craziness of the holidays is really setting in about now so don't give up and get drive thru. Make something in the crockpot because even with all the cheese it's still better for you than the greasy stuff and your family will think you are amazing!!!

Cheesy Italian Tortellini
1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 lb Italian sausage
15 oz jar of marinara sauce (just what's in your pantry or your favorite)
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes w/ Italian seasonings
9 oz package refrigerated cheese tortellini (usually found in the deli/produce area of grocery)
1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese ( personally I use the whole 2 cups in the bag)

Brown your ground beef and sausage in skillet and drain if necessary.
Spray your crockpot with nonstick spray.
Mix meats, sauce and tomatoes in crockpot then cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
About 20 minutes before ready to serve stir in the cheese and the tortellini and let cook for 15 minutes. Then serve with a nice green salad and maybe some crusty bread.

I didn't even have leftovers to get a picture of, so I promise you will love this one!

On a craft note, I finally made use of my growing collection of wine corks! I saw one of these on television and finally got off my booty and did something with all those corks I've been saving for years!!

This is how we stared out



And I glued and glued and burned my fingers and cussed and glued some more and this is what happened!



The bow is Christmas ribbon so after the holidays I'll change it out to match the kitchen and leave it out. There's no law about having wreaths out all year! Or is there?????

Here it is in the sunshine this morning




HOPEFULLY soon I'll be bringing successful photos of the making of divinity!!! We made a batch the other night and as our grandparents would have said "it's no count". It tasted really good but the texture just wasn't right. We know where we made our mistakes and we will correct them and try again. I even have two variations I plan on making if that tells you how confident we are about making it again. Now if the humidity will just keep cooperating!!!

One last side note......my hubby neglected to inform me that he would need a dish for work today so if you work with him please note that I am Not responsible for whatever he brought in. Just


Peace, Love and Yummies!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Home

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF