Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Soup and "soppin' biscuits"

Hey there!!!! Well I kinda sorta cooked dinner last night. Yeah well kinda sorta is better that nada!! Hehehe

So we went to the costco on Sunday and bought some necessities and some not so necessities. The king of unnecessary items would be the basketball arcade which resulted in moving furniture all over the place to make it fit in the game room. Eh, hubby and the Abogg were happy happy happy and....that makes me happy.

So last night we had the chicken noodle soup that we always seem to buy at the Costco. Seriously....the soup is soooooo yummmmooooooo!!!
However I needed some biscuits and didn't want to get out and after a little searching on the Internet I found a new recipe to try. Hubby loved them and declared them great "soppin' " biscuits. If you don't know how to sop your food, well, I'm sorry. You have no idea what you are missing out on. The Abogg and I thought they were ok but liked them much better after soppin' up the soup juice. I found the biscuits on a little blog called bigredkitchen.com I will just say that I'm not sure mine turned out quite like hers but hubby was begging me to make another pan!!

First thing is take a 1/2 a stick of butter and cut it up into pieces into a 8x8 pan. Yeah yeah whatever...its butter so what??? Then turn the oven up to 450 degrees. When the oven temp reaches 450 pop that butter in the oven for one, yes I said one whole minute!
It should melt but swirl around the dish to mix it up and finish the melting process.







Now that you got the butter melted you need the rest of the ingredients.







Don't ya just love my Buddy the Elf sign?? I got that over at another nifty blog site www.lesscakemorefrosting.blogspot.com. It makes me smile!

Ok back to the biscuits.
Mix the following dry ingredients
1 1/4 cup flour
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
I sifted mine and that may have made a difference, who really knows??!

Then we need to mix in 2/3 cup milk. You could use buttermilk but I didn't have any of that handy but I would have used it if I'd had any. Just mix it up enough to combine and you'll get a nice sticky blob like this






Then we are going to run our pizza cutter through the butter then in some flour and lay that aside. Now flour up those fingers and spread that dough out over the butter.






Now grab the pizza cutter and cut 9 squares out of that dough.






Pop those buttery babes in the oven and cook for about 10-12 minutes until golden brown.






Now serve those puppies up and if you don't want your dear child to make fun of you don't get the butter out as it will be pointed out that the biscuits are already swimming in a pool of butter!! Geez, send them to college and they get all smart on you!!

Best part just eat them with that soup!!!






I love nice easy dinners like this especially when someone is begging you to make more! ;0)

See ya tomorrow!!
Peace, Love and Yummies!!!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF