Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Honey Lime Grilled Chicken ....bring on summer!!

well how-deeeee my peeps!!!

I've just bustled and hustled around lately with so many fun and exciting things to do and somewhere along the line I TOTALLY missed that this coming weekend was Easter!!  I'm seriously behind on my Easter planning so if the ham gods are out there...please smile down on me when I go to Costco tomorrow and let them have plenty of spiral cut hams left. Please and thank you! oh and some of those nice croissants would be delightful too :0)


Now LL and I had our first trek of the year up to Canton, Texas to First Monday Trade Days.  No, I don't know why they call it that since they aren't even open on Mondays but let's move along.  Let's just say that LL and I have a great appreciation for all the wonderful and delightful goodies you can find at this monthly event and the aching tootsies and empty wallets that result in our trips up there are well worth it in our humble opinion.  I mean hellooooo.....the Deco Mesh haul alone is worth the trip!
Well this time we kinda sorta got caught up in the whole flowers and plants aspect and man, did we rake it in!!
That there cart on the left is mine, there was more...lots more!  You see the fine vendors at this little shindig are kind enough to allow you to purchase your items earlier in the day and then hold them at the booth until you are ready to depart so you don't look like a homeless florist all day!!    So we are making our rounds about 5pm trying to collect all of our goodies and we were a little "goofy" tired by this point and found the state of our carts to be quite hilarious.  Pushing those suckers all the way across the area, not so funny.  Let's just say those carts get really heavy with all those flowers and those hills will work out the thighs!!!   Fun day as usual and now my back porch is beautimous!!!  (oh and the cart, best 25 dollars I ever spent at that place because our Sonic Tea cups MUST have a safe place to ride all day!)

Ok, so let's fire up the grill because Texas is already warm and sunny.  I think we skipped spring and went right to summer!!!   This is super easy and a new little twist for your chicken marinating pleasure.


3 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 lime- juiced
1 tsp minced garlic

Mix all ingredients well



If you look closely you can see that I scored my chicken breast a bit.
I read somewhere that this helps the marinade sink in and also with cooking.  I dunno if it does or not but I do it anyways!!  Some rules I just don't break you know??!!
Now just pour that marinade over the top of the chicken and cover and let it hang out in the nice cool refrigerator for the day you know before it throw it to the fire!


Get that grill nice and heated up and slap that baby right on the grill!



Here's our chicken cooking away and that little foil packet?  Well it's the dinner rolls getting all warm & toasty up there on the grill rack.



Cook the chicken throughout until the juices run clear




We served it up along side some nice yellow squash and roasted asparagus and of course, our warmed up little dinner rolls.

We even had dinner outside that night!   Ahhhhh, I love early summer!!!

How are you and your family celebrating the summer so far??
Eating outside, grilling, swimming already??   

Peace, Love & Yummies my dearies!!!

                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF