Thursday, July 12, 2018

Nordstrom Sale 2018 *UPDATE**

***I have updated what I kept and what I sent back ***

Yes, Yes I too have fallen deeper and deeper into the #Nsale hole.

I couldn't sleep last night and since the early access started this morning I went ahead and got up and started my shopping.   Please note that I'm fairly new to this whole Nordstrom sale in the scheme of the blogging world  but I've been lucky AND disappointed the past few years so I've learned quickly.  Things sell out and sometimes they never get restocked even when they go to full price.  Also note, especially to the Hubster, that I will not keep everything I order.  This sale is one of those if you think you want it then order it and don't wait, thinking too long has cost me in the past.  Nordstrom has free shipping and free returns/exchanges so don't regret the purchases you didn't make because you just weren't sure.  

Let me stop for a moment and explain something that you may or may not know about this sale.   It is NOT a summer clearance sale, this is new merchandise.  This is the time to stock up on your fall & winter wardrobe basics hence the reason you'll see higher price points and higher quality items.

This was my first order of the day as I wanted to get shoes out of the way lickety split.   A couple of these will sell out for sure.   (yes, I'm aware I said first order and actually I have placed a second already)

Hunter Chelsea Boot :  I love these because I have larger calves and the regular Hunter boots don't work for me and sometimes you don't want to wear a tall boot.  Hubster bought me the regular Hunter's for Christmas and I very sadly had to return them, he's been after me since then about getting a pair that would fit.   I do wish these came in more fun colors but this  dark slate color should be really versatile.
Sale price:  $99.90  
KEPT:   This are great and I think the color is going to be very versatile.  Bit of warning: they are NOT easy to slip on and off.  


Ugg Milana II Moc:  This is the shoe I hoped to score and truth be told I have a second pair in my cart that I'm debating.  This shoe will sell out very quickly.   I purchased the charcoal color but I have the chestnut color in my cart and seriously, the red nubuck color is gorgeous (thankfully I don't wear much red so it wouldn't be practical for me).  
Sale price:  $64.90    (now you see why I'm debating the second color)
RETURNING:  WAH WAH   I so much love these shoes and my heart is breaking over returning them but they run just a wee bit on the small side in the toe area and I'm afraid I'll end up not wearing them at all.  Ya'll this one breaks my heart to send back but there is no 8.5 in this shoe and the 9 will be way too big.  :-(


Caslon Braided Bootie:  I saw these on several fashion bloggers posts and I totally fell for them.   Do I need another pair of booties? Nope   Do I have a feeling I'm going to love these? You betcha!   I ordered the Light Pink Suede color, I've never worn Caslon shoes so I'm interested to see how this turns out.
Sale price: $79.90
Returning:   Yep, these are going back but only because I realized that I really do NOT need another pair of booties. This fit great, the color is so pretty but alas they are packed to go back to Nordstrom.


Steve Madden Trace Studded Mule:  These are the most iffy shoes I ordered, I'm either going to love them or hate them.   I have one pair of mules but they are most definitely summer shoes, I really wish these were in a leopard print instead but like I said before, there's a potential sell out because of the price point and they're Steve Madden. 
Sale price:  $49.90
Returning:   Oh ya'll these are cute, like really really cute and super comfy but I could not for the life of me keep them on my feet.  



That's the end of my first order but I have these in my cart on stand-by:

Halogen Calf Hair Mules : my back up shoe in case I don't care for the snakeskin mules.  I didn't go for these right away because they felt more "business-like" than the other pair.  I've seen these in several blog posts so they may sell out before I make my decisions and I'm ok with that.
Sale price:  $64.90

These are still hanging out in my cart....can't quite pull the trigger on them.  I just feel like I'll find a more casual leopard option to replace mine that I had to toss. 

Ugg Milana II Moc:   The Ugg's in the color Chestnut.   
Sale price: $64.90
Sadly I will not be ordering these either.

Just to give you an idea, these are the Red Nubuck color......gorgeous, right???  



Birkenstock Clog:  I really have a feeling these shoes will end up at my house before the sale is over, fingers crossed they don't sell out before I decide to bite the bullet and order.   They may not be the prettiest shoes but you can't beat the Birkenstock for comfort & support.  I literally wear my sandals every day and this navy suede color will go well with everything. 
Sale price:  $92.90

I'm going to go ahead and move these over to my cart, I know I'll wear them but my heart will linger with the Ugg slippers. 



That's it for the shoes and I only have one purse in my cart.  

It's spendy but a classic that won't go out of style anytime soon.  Right now  I have the Nut color in my cart.  
Sale price:  $322.90     (see, that's why I really want to make sure I love this purse) 
** I still have this in my cart but I'm still not sure I want to pull the trigger on this big of a purchase






but I also really like this Light Oak color.  Decisions, Decisions.




If you are a Nordstrom card holder you can shop now, otherwise the sale opens up to everyone on July 20th.

I'll be back later with my other purchases, Happy Shopping!!!

                                                                 

p.s. Nordstroms doesn't know me from Adam so I don't receive any type of compensation or kickback for the links included or any purchases you may make because of this post.   You should however let me know what you found because you know we've all got until August 5th to shop!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF