Wednesday, July 3, 2024

11 weeks and 1 day

Well, it's been 1 week since the construction crews left us and my house is still an utter disaster! haha 
BUT I did grab some pics before we started moving back into our space.  So here is pic overload and I promise to update room by room as we get things moved back into place.


This is the dry bar area- it's hard to see the glass shelves but I do have that area almost finished so you'll get to see the better pics soon.




The microwave area.  We have the toaster over here and so far it's working perfectly. 



Pendant lights over the island and the can lights in the ceilings have dimmers on them.  Everyone knows how much I hate the bright can lights.  



A closer view of the pendant lights.




Reggie's little feeding station, he loves it already and knows it's just for him.
Filling his water bowl is so easy with that water spigot.


I must have taken another pic further back.  It seems like so long ago now.



We opted not to move the location of our refrigerator and it's taking a bit used to how the flow works in the kitchen but Hubster is in love with his ginormous refrigerator and freezer.




I took this pic from beside the refrigerator looking to the other side of the kitchen.  You can see Reggie is very happy to have full run of the whole house again. 



My big, beautiful stove.   I really wanted that yellow range but this is giving me all the feels and I'm glad i compromised on the range and kept the tile backsplash.


Looking down the long island to the den area.





You can see most of the kitchen from this view.  My island is big and I'm ready to get all my things put away and off the island. 



This faucet gave everyone fits, it's a no-touch faucet but it runs on electricity, not batteries and it took some finagling to get it to work but it's awesome.  Of course, there is my beloved cup wash too.   That's the cheapest upgrade you can make to your kitchen that will pay huge dividends.



You can see my big, gorgeous apron front sink a little bit better here. 
I love the built-in drainboard on the left side. 


The quietest dishwasher I've ever owned.   You can never tell it's running.


Some close up action of the kitchen hardware.  




Another peek at my stove.  I've used it several times and I think I'm finally getting the hang of it.




Before the cabinet doors went on, I had mixed feelings about the hood vent but after it was all complete, I was satisfied.   That was one of the harder parts of not having a designer to work with, I had to make all the decisions and I second and third, and fourth-guessed my choices many times!




This is a close-up of the controversial water spigot in the coffee bar area.  I personally love this and use it multiple times a day.  My one regret is that I did not make this a hot/cold dispenser.  Of course, that's something we can add later on if we decide to but it is so handy for filling Reggie's water bowl, making our "vitamin" drinks every day, and also for filling up the coffee pot.   We did put a water filter on it so it's good filtered water.   


I've got lots more to show you but that's all for tonight, I've got a neighborhood 4th of July parade bright and early in the morning so I need to hit the hay.  

Let me do a super quick gratitude because I'm indeed most grateful for so many things. 
1) My new kitchen: this was a long, expensive project and I'm forever grateful that we were able to do this.
2) This project being complete- I mean I do miss chatting with the construction crew every day but man, I'm glad to use my whole house and sleep late and not have to decide whose car needs to be moved to the street.
3) Great neighbors- so many of our incredible neighbors invited us over to have dinner with them or pick us up to join them for dinner out.  Almost 3 months of not cooking can take a toll on you and they helped keep us sane.
4) My amazing Hubster who let me run with this project and didn't question too many of my decisions.
5) UPS, FedEx, USPS, and all delivery folks, and my garbage pick-up crew.  I've ordered, returned, and kept so many things these past three months.   My poor trash guys had to pick up a SOFA box filled with broken-down boxes last week.  I'm sure I'm not their favorite stop, I just hope they know their hard work in this ridiculous heat is much appreciated!


More to come!
Peace, Love & Fireworks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF