Friday, July 22, 2011

Hubsters Sticky BBQ ribs

well Friday Happy Dance peeps!!!    Yep, I promised I'd be back with the Hubsters current obsession.  I really had other things I wanted to blog about today but I'm afraid he'll leave me if I don't get these ribs on here for him.
Please note....all photos are his.  This is basically his post, I'm just writing it for him.  You know so he won't like ask for the 1,000th time "why aren't my ribs on the blog yet?"  
so my dear Hubster...here are your ribs
Recipe adapted from Womans Day magazine


Cast of characters:
1/4 cup Chili Powder
1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
2 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp celery seeds (optional)
1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp firmly packed brown sugar
kosher salt & pepper (obviously Hubster snuck in the Jalapeno salt)
Ribs (we used pork)
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup cider vinegar
2 Tbsp molasses
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce


Preheat oven to 275 degrees



In a bowl combine the chili powder, garlic powder, dry mustard, celery seeds, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper


Mix that up really good!



slap those ribs on to a rimmed baking sheet



or do like the Hubster and use my pyrex dishes



Rub down those ribs with the dry spice mixture




rub them real good...both sides please



Now cover tightly with foil



pop those wrapped up piggies in the oven and bake until the meat is tender
About 2 to 2 1/2 hours


Now we are going to whisk together (you can use the same bowl)
the ketchup, vinegar, molasses, Worcestershire sauce and the remaining Tbsp brown sugar and 1/2 tsp of pepper.    Whisk it up good.


see nice and mixed together



take those ribs out of the oven and heat your grill to medium-high 
(sorry...the photographer must have gotten excited and forgot to take pictures)
You are just going to baste those ribs with the sauce while grilling and turning occasionally.
Grill until they begin to char (about 5-6 minutes)
Cut into pieces before serving.



Enjoy!!!   


Now we have that out of the way I feel I must share with you an amazing item I discovered at Cracker Barrel.  Don't you just love that place???  Good food and that gift shop...oh my!!!


This is a Mint Moon Pie.....let's just say a Chocolate Moon Pie and some GS Thin Mints got married...
this is what their babies would be!!!!  Worth a drive to the nearest Cracker Barrel if you ask me!




Letting the men continue the cooking this week..... My Abogg spotted some amazing looking Rib Eyes at the costco last week and has been itching to grill them up... so I let him.

But first he asked..."do we have any vegetables?"
Yeah....I know you are jealous.  My son asked for vegetables.  It only took him 20 years to get to that point in life but yeah it's nice to hear!!


I had some zucchini and squash that were desperately in need of being consumed but I didn't really want to fire up the oven and roast them.  So instead I got my handy little food processor out and sliced up those bad jammas in about 3 minutes.  Gosh I love that thing!!!
I tossed the zukes and squash with some olive oil, salt and pepper and just sauteed them on the stove in a big iron skillet.   They were actually pretty yummy this way.  

then we ate...the end




by the way...my dear Abogg is turning into a grill master!!!
those steaks were just perfect!


Have a great weekend my peeps and stay cool...it's another scorcher!!


Peace, Love & Yummies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF