Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tuesday's Tasty....Garlic Green Bean Stir Fry

So I found these little gems on Pinterest....seriously if you aren't on Pinterest you don't know what you're missing!!!   I have a little clicky link over there on the left to follow me on Pinterest so click that link and find out what kind of things I'm digging on.  If you need an invite just pop me a line in the comments section and I'll certainly send you one.




This recipe has an odd ingredient in it and it does smell kinda weird when you are cooking it but press on my peeps cause it's yummy!


Starting Lineup

1 lb fresh green beans
2 Tbsp peanut oil
2 Tbsp chopped garlic (yeah use the whole amount!)
1/2 large yellow onion, cut into bite size slivers
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp water (plus a bit more if needed)
2 Tbsp oyster sauce (comes in a bottle usually in the Asian foods section)


Prep your green beans by washing then trimming the ends and then breaking into bite size pieces.


Heat the pan (use a wok or heavy pan) over high for 1-2 minutes (or until too hot to hold your hand over).  Then add the oil and heat about 30 seconds longer.  


Add the garlic and the onions  (yeah, I didn't use the entire amount of garlic but I should have)
Cook for about 30 seconds stirring the entire time.


Add the beans and salt and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring a couple of times.




Add the water, cover the pan and let the beans steam for 5 minutes.
(you should check the pan once about half way to make sure you don't need to add more water.... I added about 1/2 Tbsp more)



Uncover the pan and add the oyster sauce, cook about 2 minutes more while stirring to make sure all the beans are uniformly covered with the sauce.  Beans should be slightly crisp. Serve HOT.



We normally have salad when we have spaghetti but my dear Abogg wanted green beans so I decided to try out this new recipe. They were really good and I'll def. be making them again and the next time I will also be sure to use the full 2 Tbsp of garlic. It seems like a lot but the flavor just infuses the beans so well


I'm off to get some work done my peeps.  I'd say yesterday was a total waste of makeup but I never even got close to getting make up on.  I got a shower and put on some clothes to go to the gym that's about it.
Today will be better...I hope but so far I'm still in my "watering the yard clothes".  :0)


Peace, Love & Yummies


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF