Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Cotton candy, sweetie go, let me see the Cinnamon Roll! ...cake

well well well Peeps...it is my fave day TuTu Tuesday and today we are having a sweet treat, compliments of my favorite new way to waste the day....Pinterest
Now if you click on that little link and take a peek-ee-poo at all my boards and want to follow me just go right ahead and then I'll follow you right back.  And if you need an invite well I can send you one of those if you just give me a shout out!

LL and I were like drooling over this recipe and when SuePoo and Chuckles invited us over for a BBQ it just made logical sense that we should have this!


Cake Ingredients:  
3 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups milk
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup butter, melted

Mix all of those ingredients together except the butter. When ingredients are combined, slowly pour in the melted butter.  Pour into a greased 9x13 baking pan.

I have no clue why this is the only part of the cake process I took pictures of...maybe I was too excited!



Now let's make the topping:
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp flour
1 Tbsp cinnamon



Mix all the ingredients until well combined



This is well combined....hey, I remembered to take the pictures so now I'm obligated to use them!!



Drop the topping mixture over the cake batter


Then take a sweet little butter knife and swirl that around.
Then lick the knife...oh come on, you know you would anyway!!
Bake that in the oven on 350 degrees for 28-32 minutes

Doesn't that already look yummy...like a big honkin' 9x13 cinnamon roll?
Well a cinnamon roll needs some icing so let's make that really quick



2 cups powdered sugar
5 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla

Just mix that up



and get that poured all over the top of that warm cake....

Please make every effort to not stick your fork directly into the middle of this and start chowing down........just cut out a small square out of the corner.  Hey!!!  I never made this before and I wanted to make sure I wasn't gonna like poison my friends or something.   


Here's a piece and I'll tell you what...this is some kind of sweeeeet cake.
It's very rich but excellent when warm so make sure if you don't get to eat it while it's still warm just nuke it in the micro for a few seconds and get a big glass of milk.  Then please don't check your blood sugar levels for the rest of the day... it might scare you.

I think this might be a nice brunch addition for the holidays, you know just to change things up a little.
Oh and could someone PLEASE tell Mother Nature that it is NOT supposed to be 100 degrees in September. And yeah, we could use some rain too please!


Peace, Love & Yummies

Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF