Wednesday, September 14, 2011

who says you can't tailgate in your kitchen?!

well you know really...why can I only make certain foods to be eaten in a parking lot prior to a football game?   So I did because you know these just looked yummy and besides I had a monster pack of Hawaiian rolls to do something with. I love football, football season and tailgate foods!!!


Take a pack of those luscious lovely deliciouslyawesomefantastic hawaiian rolls and cut them in half
(you know separate the top from bottom)



put the bottom half in a greased 9x13 pan



I topped those with some nice black forest ham and then some Jarlsburg lite cheese



In a bowl I mixed up some cream cheese and a little bit of dry spicy ranch dressing mix
---ok confession, you were supposed to use the Philadelphia Chive and Onion cream cheese but I didn't go to a regular grocery so they didn't have any and I'm lazy so I improvised.


now just smother the bottom of the top halves of the rolls



and slap them on the top of everything else



Now let's mix up 1/2 stick of butter, melted, 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce and 1 1/2 tsp minced onions


Mix it up really good and pour it over the top of the sandwiches and let them sit around on the counter for about 20 minutes. 
Then pop those in a 350 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes, until heated through



I just baked up some nice sweet potato fries along with them and we had us a nice little tailgate at the dinner table.    I gotta tell ya...these were even good leftover.  I just wrapped them up in some foil and popped them back in the oven to reheat.  I think you can do so many options with these.  The meats...the cheeses...the cream cheese toppings!!!  Seriously go wild and use your family favorites and see what happens. Besides, can you really mess up a Hawaiian roll??!!

Peace, Love & Tailgate Yummies


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF