Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Lawdy Lawdy where did this child run off to???

Did you miss me??  I hope so because I actually really missed you guys!!!
I ran off to Boston to do some work for a company.  ( I realize that sentence is kind of vague but for now it has to be...sorry).   So I'm in Boston for two freakinhardworkin' weeks and I don't even really get to see anything.  I mean on one day we spent about 4 hours on a trolley tour.  If you've ever been to Boston you know that this is basically no time whatsoever!!    I wanted to see Fenway Park but I didn't...but I did get a Green Monster sweatshirt.  :0)
So anyway there has been nothing less than 12-15 hour work days and eating dinner out at about 11 or 12 (at night people!!!).  Now I'm back home and a little rested and back to cooking...except I can't really show you what I cooked for dinner last night just yet.   I'm doing a survey/cooking thing for a company and when they give me the green light...it's all yours baby!!!!

In the meantime I wanted you to know that it's not always sweetness in the SammaSpot. No no no sir-eee.
We had a flopper a few weeks ago and now, I'm gonna share it with you.  Why you say? well the fact that it didn't turn out quite right rested solely on these shoulders! Yep....I underbaked. Eh, it happens.

It was a tasty treat (at least the parts that were baked anyways) so let's make........drumroll please

Nutella Banana Bread

Cast of Characters:
2 cups All Purpose Flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temp.
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
3-4 mashed ripe bananas
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 heaping cup Nutella

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray your loaf pan with nonstick spray.

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.


In the mixer bowl, beat sugar and butter on medium speed until blended.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Add bananas, milk and vanilla.  Beat until blended



Add the flour mixture, mixing slowly and on low speed.  Mix only until incorporated.




Spoon nutella into a small dish and soften in microwave about 15 seconds.  Add 1 cup of the bread batter to the Nutella and stir until blended well.   


Spoon Nutella batter alternately with plain batter into the prepared pan.



Swirl the batters together with a knife.



Resist the temptation to dig your finger through the batter to lick the dough.
C'mon you know you do it too!!



Bake in oven for 50-60 minutes.
Cool in pan about 15 minutes then onto a wire rack to cool completely.

At this point...I'm soooo excited because you know, it looks just super yummy and the smell oh sweet mother o' mine!!!



It's still looking good



I even tested it and thought it was just perfect....


but alas....this gooey mess was waiting in the middle.
Sorry the picture is sideways I forgot to ROTATE (that word reminds me of elementary school gym class volleyball every time I hear it) before bringing it in to this post.  Just turn your head I won't tell.





But you know, that end piece that I snagged while it was still warm with a glass of milk....well that was just divine!!!     Next time I'll test in the center of the loaf and believe me, there WILL be a next time!!!

Today's lesson...keep trying, they're only calories.

Peace, Love and Yummies!!



Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF