Tuesday, October 25, 2011

BBQ crock pot meat (pork for me)

and a few Halloween decorations for the fun of it!

Hi dee hooooo my peeps!!!
well let's start off with a hint of changes coming.   If you don't subscribe to my blog then you may miss out on a few things.  Example, if you just click over from Facebook when I make a post.    Go on.....Subscribe to the old blog.   I've posted a couple of short posts today already, 1 being a high value coupon and another being a gift I want for Christmas. Seriously...you think I won't use this blog for my own benefit!!  bwah hahaha
Anyway...I think I might try shortening the posts and hopefully that will mean more frequent posts.  This may or may not be a good thing in your world but I'm doing it so that hopefully I will be able to up my subscribers, offer more stimulating content and turn this into more than a hobby.  I rather enjoy staying home and not showering until right before hubster arrives home and generally having no schedule other than my own!  You may say that I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one......Name that tune!!

Today's post however will not be short, Fair Warning!

First off....see my Halloween mantle...try to control yourselves, I know this is thrilling stuff!


 This is behind the sofa in the den.  Help me help me says the little blue bird in the cage that big ole' scary spider is trying to eat me!!

yeah...I might spend a bit too much time home alone. maybe




This is in the dining room and those lovely little figures are McDonalds toys and one day I will probably have to bequeath those to the Abogg.  I think he loves them as much as I do. Technically speaking they probably are already his...I'm sure they came from his Happy Meals many moons ago.


Now that mumbo jumbo is over...let's cook
This is a new BBQ pork recipe and I TEE TOTALLY Loved it!!



First up slap a big hunk o' meat in the crock pot
Mine's pork and it's frozen; you may choose your meat



gather up these items to dump over the top
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
8 ounces of beer
32 ounces of barbeque sauce ( I actually only used 1 bottle)






see just dump it all in there



set the crock pot on low for 8 hours

while away your time on Pinterest or Facebook or what have you!



Serve on a bun with some pickles and cole slaw
*this is hubsters plate...my sandwich has the coleslaw on it
I'm from Kentucky and that's how we eat it there!



left on my own for days at a time when hubsters out of town



I can make a serious mess of the house but I have wine!


I put some fresh green beans in the crock pot one day and then I baked up a Broccoli, Rice, Cheese casserole from the ole' costco 


freezer meals for us and the kiddos




just for the record....I don't think that broccoli, rice, cheese dish is very healthy
it sure enough was tasty!!!


See you later gators & remember......
Peace, Love & Yummies!!!


                                                             

Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF