Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Crash Hot Potatoes...and I did them my way!!

now about now you should be singing really loud...C'mon sing with me
And more, much more than this, I did it my way!     oh yeah...we all sound like Frank Sinatra in our heads!!

Now I was out a bit last week cause me and my peeps took a little ride down to NOLA.  We spent the night in a fancy schmancy motel and walked around Bourbon Street, laughed at people, made a pit stop in a piano bar and stuffed our faces with good food then got up the next day did a little shopping and headed to the beach.   We came home yesterday from a short but fun filled trip.  The weather stayed gorgeous for our entire long weekend and we soaked up some good October sunshine on the Gulf Coast.    So I'm back today with some potatoes that I make often...because they are sooooo good.  Yep they are!!!


First things first...get you some nice little potatoes going in the pan of hot, salted water
Just boil those babies until they are fork tender



When done, just take them out and put them on an olive oil coated baking sheet
Just oil that pan up and then take those nice little taters and squish 'em with the potato masher
(you might be nicer to your taters than me....I'm not sure what they ever did to me but I squished them real good!!)



Now brush those potatoes with olive oil


and season them up with salt and pepper and any other little ole' seasoning that suits your fancy
remember we're doing them "my way" or your way in this case



Now throw those little lovelies in a hot oven (about 450 degrees) and bake them for 20-25 minutes.
Let them get nice and crispy toasty around the edges...oh yeah!!!



These are a thing of beauty...and they taste pretty awesome too!



You could even melt a little cheese on top, maybe some bacon bits....the possibilities are endless!!!
Just do them YOUR WAY!!!!
(still singing here)



We had ours with some nice steak
but you know..this picture is gross looking...sorry about that
Food was good....Picture was bad, ehh it happens
I was probably hungry and in a hurry...that happens a lot!


Peace, Love and Yummies!!!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF