Thursday, September 8, 2011

New curtains and a crazy good Broccoli Pasta Salad

Hi Dee Ho Peeps!!!
Wow It's been a whole week since I posted and I'm not really sure why.  I have actually cooked up some goodies!

First up...last week Sweet Gloria came over on Thursday to "help" me sew up some new dining room curtains.  Well they turned out beautifully so here's that update ('cause I know you've just been on pins and needles dying to see my new curtains)

I'm pretty sure this isn't what they recommend when they say to "decorate with ladders"
in any case..the old curtains are down.

the kitchen table is all set up with the goodies awaiting Sweet Gloria and her sewing expertise!
Unfortunately the sewing machine didn't play nice and Sweet Gloria had to take the stuff to her house

But she sent them back on Friday and WOW.....Don't you just love them??!!! 



Here's a closeup of the fabric...it's now on all the chairs and the windows in the dining room and since the formal living room has only 1 window and I had enough leftover fabric, it's gonna get a cornice board with some silvery-gray sheers (if I can find them).    Happiness indeed!!!

Soo let's talk some good food.  
You know that yummy broccoli salad you get in the deli at the grocery...well this is a new twist on it and I must say. FAB-U-LOUS!!!!

It's now dubbed the Broccoli Pasta Salad  so let's get it started!
First thing...get about 1 cup of chopped pecans in a 350 degree oven
Roast those for about 5-7 minutes, stirring halfway through.
We're just toasting those to bring out the flavor!

While those pecans are roasting let's get out everything else we need
8 oz of bow-tie pasta (farfalle--if you're fancy)
1 lb. fresh broccoli
1 cup mayonnaise (no miracle whip here people)
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup diced red onion
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1 tsp salt
2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled


Now get that pasta going too!!
Just cook it like the package says.




Cut your broccoli florets from the stems using a small paring knife

Whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar, onion, red wine vinegar and salt in a large bowl
Add the broccoli, hot cooked pasta and grapes.
Stir it all around to coat
Now give it a nice cover and pop that baby in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours


Cook up that bacon and break into crumbles
Slap husband's hand when he tries to steal it!


Right before serving mix in that bacon and pecans and grab yo' fork!
And ya'll this stuff was even gooder the next day!!!  
'

And today's bonus photo....Here's how you tell all our children were home

How many sets of keys, computers and water bottles can a counter hold??!!
:0)  Believe me when I say...I LOVE seeing this mess because it means all 3 are in the house and lately that's a rare occurrence! 

Now if you will excuse me.... I have floors to vacuum, walmartin' to do and I think I seriously need to do something with these!!



How embarrassing...did you ever see such over ripe bananas??
Am I the only one who lets them get THIS ripe???


Peace, Love and Yummies!!!

Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF