Monday, May 14, 2012

Italian Beef Sandwiches


hi dee ho my peeps and yeah yeah yeah, I know I've made these before for you but you know what....you're getting them again.  I had to remind myself that the crock pot isn't just for winter.  It's awesome in the summer, no heating up the oven and dinner is waiting on you whenever you are ready to eat.  Wonder why it is that we seem to use the crock pot more in the winter than the summer???  Hmmmmm...question to ponder.



Don't put the crock pot into hibernation, break it out and make some yummy sammies for the family!


Cast of Characters

1 Tbsp black pepper
1 Tbsp salt ( I go shy with this one)
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp Mustard Seed
3/4 cup beef broth (or water)
various peppers, optional

and of course.....

you need a nice roast.
Just whatever is on sale on the kind your family likes.




now just plop the roast into the crock pot and then add all the other ingredients over it
I used some Cherry Peppers and some Banana Peppers in ours this time.
Now just set the crock pot for about 8 hours and well......fah'get about it.


After about 8 hours just grab 2 forks and start shredding that meat.
Don't worry, it will be so tender it will literally just fall apart on you


Now I like my hoagie buns toasted and so did my brother-in-law but
the Hubster, he's not into the toasted bread.


So I grabbed the griddle and slapped it on the stove and toasted those buns
(some of them toasted a weeeee bit too much)



Then I put some of that yummy meat on that nice toasted bun


Then we decided to pop a little lettuce on there too.
Hubster added a nice shot of Tabasco to his.

Now don't forget to pull those crockpots out and keep the oven turned off!!
What kind of yummy summer recipes do you make in the ole' crock of pot??


Peace, Love & Yummies!!
                                                         

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I will definitely be using my crock pot this summer as i am on an anti-oven kick. I'll probably plus it in on the patio so it doesn't add any heat to the kitchen. These sammies look really good - I'll make them soon!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF