Tuesday, May 8, 2012

SILK House Party & Sausage Grits Casserole

Hey Peeps!!!

I was going to do a post about my adventures last week but you know what......I forgot to and I really needed to get this post going about the recent House Party I hosted so here we goooooooooo!!!


The day the box arrives is so exciting!!
I mean really...isn't that polka dot packing tape just sticky happiness!!



Unpacking the goodies is always fun!!



Silly straws...super dee dooper fun!!!
It's time for the party so we are going to have brunch for dinner.
Let's make some Sausage Grits Casserole



First things first, you have to get about 1 pound of sausage.
I'm a spicy girl so I always use the hot sausage, don't worry about it being too hot for your guests because the other ingredients tone the sausage way down.



well you can't eat it raw so let's get it browned up in a big pot.
Then drain the grease off and set it aside for a minute.


Now grab these things:
2 cups water
5 oz of QUICK cooking grits (that's important)
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
2 eggs, lightly beaten
paprika..to garnish



Bring water to a boil in a saucepan then stir in the grits.
Return to boiling, cover, turn the heat down and simmer for 5 minutes.
You should give them a stir every once in awhile too.



Remove the grits from the heat and stir in the cheese, milk, thyme and garlic powder
(I just dump my spices into the liquid and pour all at once)



Stir that all around until it is mixed well and the cheese is melted.



Now add in that sausage



and the eggs



and give that all a really good mixing.
yeah...it kinda looks like grossness right now but keep going....it's worth it!



Spread that out in a sprayed oven dish then sprinkle on the Paprika.
Pap-reeeeka!!!  I love that word but we've talked about that before and the Martin Short Mr. Grimley skits.   LOVE THOSE!!!


Now bake that in the oven on 350 degrees for about 1 hour or until it's nice and golden brown on top.
Set that aside and let's get ready for the party!!!

These are Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Squares
No one really cared for these but me...sad right???
But you can right over here to this blog and make some yourself.
I thought they would make a most excellent grab and go breakfast treat!

Let's get some food on this table!


We've got a fruit bowl, the sausage grits casserole & the peanut butter banana oatmeal bars.  
Let's eat...and drink!!!


We're checking out all the wonderful flavors of SILK Fruit & Protein, Chocolate Almond Milk and the plain Almond Milk.   The SILK Fruit & Protein in the Mixed Berry was super DE-LISH!!
Making a smoothie with that in the morning would be most awesome.
The Mango Peach flavor was also excellent.   This could speed up smoothie making for your family!!





Now if you need a quick brunch treat or hey, breakfast for dinner casserole this one is a great one to make!!  I've never made it that it wasn't excellent and you can make it the night before and pop it in the refrigerator and take it out in the morning to bake.  Easy Peasy puddin' pie!!

I'd like to thank House Party and SILK for selecting me to promote their product. 
House Party and Silk were very generous with their goodies and coupons for products tested but all opinions in this post are strictly mine!   I mean seriously...who else is as weird as me??!!!

I promise to be back more often my peeps, I'm home and the kids will be arriving back so soon the cooking shall be commencing again and my husband will have to stop eating Big Salads for dinner every night!!  

Peace, Love & Yummies!


                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF