Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Scroodle Noodle Salad

Happy Hump ditty dump dump day!!

Yep I have about a bazillion and one things I should be doing but instead I'm getting you a nice cold refreshing pasta salad for your 4th of July festivities.  You need to make this one today if you are going to eat it tomorrow because it needs to chill out in the refrigerator overnight to reach its maximum tastiness.

So without further baloney and hooey from me, let's make some Scroodle Noodle!






First things first, get the macaroni to boiling and then chop up all the stuff you see above in the photo.
(the fanciness of the photos around here is off the chain!)
(but you seriously have no clue how long it took me to do that)
(here's the recipe printable link)


Now let's get some other stuff in a big colander to be draining.
1 can Veg All, 1 can red beans and 1 small jar diced pimentos



Time to make the dressing & you will need to add the following to a saucepan:
1 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
1 cup vinegar
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1  1/2 - 3 Tablespoons flour
3 teaspoons mustard
1 Tablespoon butter



Whisk all that together and cook over medium heat until it gets thick and bubbly.



Just whisk and bubble....this is where you add more flour if it isn't thickening up.

Now take all those ingredients up above and mix them together in a big bowl.


I know, fancy bowl huh???
 Now pour that dressing all over that pasta & veggie mixture.



Mix it up real good, cover it and put it in the refrigerator to chill out overnight.
( I have a lid for that fancy plastic bowl so I put the lid on for the refrigerator and then it transports nicely to its final destination)



Take it out give it a good mix and eat it up!
I love this salad and I don't really know why but I do.  
Try it out and let me know what you think!

So what are you peeps doing for the 4th this year?
Cookout? Fireworks? Swimming?
What are you cooking up, have a specialty of yours that you make every year?
We are celebrating on Saturday with friends so we're letting the Mere and her posse have the party on Thursday so it looks like a quiet day for the adults around here.

Oh, here's a nice little link to the printable recipe so you can just take it to the grocery store because shopping for the items is about the most difficult part of this salad!

Peace, Love & Salads!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF