Thursday, July 18, 2013

Spicy Butter Shrimp


Well hideee hooo there peeps!!   I've got a quick one for you today because I've whittled away most of the day working on the blog design.  Let me know what you think of the changes.  Any suggestions, please submit those kindly in the comments section.  I'm no web designer so we are working with rudimentary skills at best!


Now then since I cook better than I web design let's get started with this one.  First of all this was kind of an accident.  I thought I had what I needed for the intended recipe however I didn't and even though Kroger is only about 3 minutes from my house I didn't want to go out so this is what happened.  I'm here to tell you this shrimp was CRAZY train good!!  The chicken was good too (which by the way the original intent was chicken only).  Super simple to mix up and make.






First up grab yourself a big baking dish.
We are just going to work in the marinating dish here so stick that in the microwave and melt 1 stick of butter.  Hey, somebody has to take over for Paula Deen you know.



While the butter is melting, juice 2 lemons.



Now that the butter is melted we need to add in the juice of the lemons, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. cayenne pepper and 1 tsp. black pepper and 2 cloves minced garlic.
Now if you are thinking WHOA NELLY that is seriously too much cayenne for me then you can cut the cayenne back.  I will tell you that the term spicy is used loosely in this recipe so I encourage the use of the cayenne pepper. 



Now just whisk it all together


and dump your shrimpies in there.  Put a lid on it please so your whole refrigerator doesn't smell like a shrimp boat parked in there.



Think about throwing the chicken in with the shrimpies but decide there is probably some "health" reason not to do that so make a second batch for the chicken.  

That all needs to get covered and chilling in the fridge for several hours.
The longer the better when marinating is my policy you know.


Take those little jobbers out to the grill and get 'em cooking.



And hey, if you have any corn on the cob toss that on the grill too!


I'm telling you these were soooooo good.
Watch those shrimp so they don't overcook. (which in Samma terminology means take your glass of wine with you to the grill)



Now in the world of not so surprising news we had those little beauties on a big salad.
I think we ended up picking the shrimp off and eating them by themselves and just had a bit of chicken on the salad.  I had also made some kind of rice you can see hanging out back there but quite frankly I do not remember what kind it was at all.  We probably didn't eat much of it since we devoured those shrimp!  I probably didn't have any bread on hand so I made rice of some sorts.


Here you go, a nice little compact list of ingredients:
1 stick butter, melted
Juice of 2 lemons
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 cloves minced garlic
Whisk together and marinate the protein.

Since I haven't done a Tuesday Tumbling in like forever I just know you are dying to see what the mutt is up to so here's an idea of what we deal with around here.




Look closely under the tent, that's Sir Winston chillin'.
(this was 4th of July by the way)
Chillin' and sleeping is his special talent.


He pretty much only gets up to go to the bathroom.
(technically that could be said for me too)


Ah the life of a celebrity, gotta wear shades there's so much paparazzi!


Try the marinade, check out the new page design, be grateful Mr. High Maintenance doesn't live in your house and drop me a comment!

Peace, Love & Shrimp!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF