Thursday, October 14, 2010

Oatmeal cookie variation and chicken salad...what???

I know I know....you are saying "Girl, where on this blue blazin earth have you been?"  or maybe you are just saying "who left this mess?"  in any case I can answer both questions. 1) I've been to the beach and then spent the last few days being poked and prodded by every type of medical professional under the sun. Needless to say, cooking and blogging were not on the priority list.  800mg of Motrin every 4 hours and a heating pad were on the list.  2) no one will ever claim the mess except to tell on someone else who probably had nothing to do with the mess.  19 yrs of mothering experience and many many years of blaming my little sister experience gave me that answer!

Now we had a bit of a crisis down in Austin this week. Seems Court ate up all the chili mango's that I sent back with her and she is unable to locate said item.  Lucky girl and good timing because yesterday was Sprout's day!!  It was Wednesday after all.   I grabbed that and some gala apples, her fave, and another couple of interesting items to send her way. Last night her dad sees the stuff on the counter and wants to know what's all that crap?  After I explained, he said why don't you bake her some cookies.  So I did. I'm not really sure if he was serious or being sarcastic but Court is getting some cookies.  Everybody needs cookies!



Here they are...
A couple of weeks ago I made some Monster cookies that I thought were amaaaazing!!   I didn't quite have everything to make those but I scramble around and found some workarounds.  This is the ingredient pile
I started with the basic chocolate chip oatmeal cookie mix (uh, sorry my bag fell over and you can't see it)
I added the egg and a stick of softened butter and mixed those all up per package directions.
Then I added in some pecans, peanut butter chips, heath toffee chips and mixed it all up real good.
Then I added in some rice krispie cereal.  I like the texture it gives the cookies.

This is what it looks like all mixed up

Now I dropped those out by the cookie scooper full onto the baking sheet

Now pop those in the oven on 375 for 11 minutes.  Not 10, not 12, just 11.
he he  Just kidding, just let them get slightly browned
Take those beautiful things out of the oven and let them sit on the counter for about a minute. You know just long enough to dig the cooling racks from the bottom of the cabinet

Move them to the cooling rack and start all over and keep going until all those yummies are baked.
Then you have the breakfast of champions!!


There is oatmeal in the cookies....duh, of course it counts as breakfast!

I also made some chicken salad today....because I boiled 2 eggs to make chicken salad last week to take with us in the car on the way to the beach but I ran out of time and so I really needed to do something with those hard boiled eggs in my cabinet so I made chicken salad.   Makes perfect sense don't you think?

I'm off for the day peeps, I gotta run get a head start on dinner. The Abogg had to come home today for an orthodontist appt.  (good lord cross your fingers that he's getting these braces off sometime soon...he's a sophomore in college for cryin' out loud) and he requested dinner, Grilled Chicken.  I'm also making my mama's party baked beans and noodles and cheese dish.  Be sure and come back tomorrow for all my mama's specialty dishes.   Her birthday was yesterday...Happy Birthday Mamma!!! I love you!!!

Peace, Love and Yummies!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF