Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Monday, Monday

I'm guessing I'm only getting away with repeating Mondays in the title this week.  By the time we roll around to week 6 that won't be a very funny Blog post title now will it?

Yesterday we started the framing.   It was a long, slow day and they were supposed to be back to finish framing today but it's after lunch and we've not seen the framers yet however, the drywall repair is chugging along.  I also ordered my new wine cooler so there's that for progress!  

Pics are a little boring but I did warn you yesterday that this was a slow week as far as visible progress goes.



Here's my little wine room, framed out for the new wine cooler and the new door, which I haven't found.  



I ordered a 30-bottle wine cooler.  It isn't a big space and hey, that's an upgrade from the 12-bottle unit that I currently have sitting in my makeshift den as a side table.   It's a glamorous life we're leading around here indeed!  


This is what occupied the most time yesterday as they had to work from the attic.  The fur down has been removed and the road is now clear for my cabinets to go all the way to the ceiling.   My contractor asked me again if I wanted any glass fronts on the cabinets, and I laughed!   Been there, done that and no thank you, sir.  


Fur down on the other side has also been removed.  That funny angle is structural and we're just working around it.   It'll still be nice to see cabinets to the top. 

Yes, I spared you all another picture of that sectional piece sitting in the way.  It will make it out for bulk trash pick up tomorrow. 




They also got the framing in for the new pocket door to the pool bathroom.  You really have no idea how much easier this is going to make things!  The door that you see goes outside to the pool and those two doors were always tangled up.  



Let's move on to dinner.   I made some chicken salad, Hubster was finishing up a tiling project and it was getting late so we needed something quick and easy. 



Chicken Salad sandwiches and chips on paper plates.
Yummy, no dishes and room for ice cream later.




It looked like we were going to have a big storm for a bit last night so I wandered around the yard trimming flowers here and there. 


You know, to save some from the winds that never came but hey, I got a new bouquet of flowers and that's all good.


A bit of sunshine amid drywall dust! 

Peace, Love & Drywall

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF