Monday, April 29, 2024

Barefoot Gardner 2024

Hey Peeps

Amidst the kitchen renovations, I'm attempting to have a garden this year.   
Hubster built me some new raised beds so let's take a peek around the garden. 


I'm apparently growing a Hollyhock tree!  There are actually 3 different colors currently blooming.


This reddish pink color which I love! 



This pale pinky lavender color. 



And finally, this deep purple.   They are all just gorgeous and considering I got a little buzz sting from 2 bees while I was out in the garden today I'd say they are definitely attracting the pollinators.



My broccoli!!  I've never grown actual broccoli that looks like it does in the grocery.  Super stoked and I will most likely pick this head tomorrow.  Two other heads are growing along side this one.  It'll be another week or two before they are ready to eat. 





I spy a teeny tiny little jalapeno pepper!  



I gave Hubster the first cherry tomato from the vine.  He said it was yummy!


These are the first of the big tomatoes that are growing.  I think/hope they are Cherokee purples. 



We planted blackberry bushes this year and they are starting to get loaded with berries. So exciting!



As normal in Texas in the spring, we've had some doozy winds but we have some plums hanging on for dear life.  I doubt I will get enough for jelly but we can always dream!



My hibiscus by the pool is just blooming and bringing in the pollinators!
Good Girl Ms. Pinky, good girl!



Here's an overview of our little garden.  We've got lots of things growing in this little space.  This is a new layout for us so here's hoping for more produce and less weeds!



On the porch, the Dahlia's have enjoyed this rain we've had lately!  

Updates to follow as the garden grows!




                                                        Peace, Love & Grow
                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF