Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Week 2, Day 2, Update, Update

Peeps....Who knew that besides dealing with the dust coming up with a title for the blog update every day would be the hard part?   Just kidding, but no joke it's kind of hard when there's no big update to elaborate on.     I told you guys it was going to be a slow, noisy week around here and thus far I'm proven correct.

Let's see what we can show you today.


This is the wall where my lovely stove will be going.  The rough drywall is in where the fur down was removed so my cabinets can go to the ceiling.  I'm VERY excited about this. 


The other side of the pantry door with the fur down removed.   
The contractor was finally able to get a better measurement of the angle for the funky cabinet to fill out that corner.

Also, my windows are covered in dust and someone drew a dog picture in the dust. 🤣


They also started closing up the archway between the kitchen and the dining room.  
This will definitely help control the dust when they start scraping the floors.


They ran into an issue with the pocket door, as my neighbor said last night "build a custom house, get custom problems."   The pocket door frames they build are not as tall as our doors so The Leo's are going to try and get creative with this to make the door fit the frame.  Stay tuned as the drama unfolds.  (Not really, but hey, I gotta come up with something to keep you coming back.) 


In other titillating news, the sectional piece is gone!  WooHoo
And when I say gone, I mean gone gone.   Hubster and I carted it out to the road last night and the bulk trash already came this morning and scooped it up.  


We are no longer referring to this as the wine room as it has been drywalled in and is now the dry bar.
It also will not be getting a door.  I think it's too small for a door so they are currently adding the drywall board to the pieces they left for the door trim and I'm hunting for some antique corbels to go in the corner.     Look at me saving money! 


Here's a peek inside, this is the cutout for the new wine cooler.  It's a small but hopefully mighty little space.


Here's a look at the area, we pulled the plastic down on the stairs because they are working on putting up the new stair wall today.     Tomorrow should be filled with fun pictures of progress.
Shall we dine?



By the end of the day, I'm ready to move out of the dust and the house for a bit so I made dinner on the back porch.

Looks like sandwiches again.


Also looks like I pulled out the super snacker machine again too.
Geez, my hand looks all puffy...I am squeezing that machine together really hard though because the sandwiches were too big.



Last night was hot ham & cheese sandwiches and Pringles chips. 
We even skipped the ice cream last night.   We were tired and dusty from sweeping up so I had a glass of wine and called it a day.   


Reggie konked out early too.   It's a BUSY day around here today for sure, I've got framers, and drywall guys, and now the plumber has shown up to start installing our new hot water heaters.  All good things, except the plumber neglected to tell me she was shutting off the water and I sort of need to use the facilities. 




Peace, Love and Water

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF