Thursday, April 11, 2024

Days 2 & 3 - Kitchen Reno

Hey Peeps!!

Well, here we are at the end of Day 3 of kitchen renovations!   I'm combining Days 2 and 3 because not much happened today.  


Here's a shot of the den after day 2.  The refrigerator is now living in the den because well, quite frankly, no one knows what to do with that big ole' thing.  It's a possibility we are going to attempt to move it to the garage.   

The noise level on Day 2 was redonkulous!!   I'm talking my Apple watch kept going off warning me of the loud decibel levels.  Thankfully Day 3 brought a quiet day. 


Here is the kitchen, the flooring is now all gone however the dust lives on!




The pantry cabinets have been pulled out so they can rip out the floors in the pantry.

That lone little corner cabinet....won't fit through the pantry door.  We had to take it apart and reassemble it when it originally got placed in the pantry. 



No floors, no cabinets but the shelves remain.  
The pantry is only getting a new floor and a paint job. 


The poor little cabinet, all alone in the world. 


And yes, that lonely piece of the sectional is still hanging out too. 
He will be heading out for bulk trash pick-up next week for sure.




This is a peek at the space that will become the wine "room".   See what I mean, it was a bit more space than a desk needed.  There will be cabinets and a new larger wine refrigerator on the back wall. 


I have a small 12-bottle cooler now, so we're going to upgrade that to probably a 24-bottle.  Hubster doesn't drink wine so 24 should be plenty for me.  Usually, the 12 is fine until I order a case from my favorite winery in Napa, V. Sattui.



The left side of the wall will be shallow cabinets and we're thinking of open shelves over those with maybe some cool LED lighting.  It'll be a dry bar area and that trash...was in the wall when we opened it up so it's been living in there since about 2007 when the house was originally built.  BLEK



Here we are winning at being the best neighbors with an oven, dishwasher, and garbage disposal right on our front porch!   Hopefully, those will go away this weekend, the contractor has someone who needs these items but if they aren't gone by next Monday we will be taking them to the Habitat for Humanity store.  


In other exciting news, I present Day 2 dinner:
Hubster had some lovely Dinty Moore beef stew while I dined on some Double Noodle soup from Campbell Soup.    To round out this fine meal we added a sleeve of saltine crackers spread with some creamy whipped butter.    

Day 3 has no photos because we skipped across the street to enjoy some Rosa's Cafe takeout with the neighbors.   Their tortillas are primo! 

Day 3 consisted of the electrician stopping by to meet with the contractor to see what he needed to do on Saturday.   Yep, the party continues on Saturday around here.  



The plumber also came by to get a feel for what she needed to get the job done tomorrow.  She's also running a new gas line through our attic for my fancy schmancy new range and installing a whole house water softener and two new hot water heaters.  

The above mystery item...do you know what it is??  The plumber did not!
People, it's less than $100 of pure joy in the kitchen!   It's a cup rinser!!!
It goes beside your kitchen sink and has a water line that runs to it and you turn your cups, glasses, etc. upside down and push down and water shoots up into the cup and rinses it.  Coffee, wine, milk, tea, etc. gets rinsed out easy peasy.   

She was also slightly confused as to why I was putting a cold water dispenser over by my refrigerator.  She and the contractor were having not-so-nice words with each other and I was feeling a little uncomfortable so hopefully, things will go well tomorrow, fingers crossed!


I'm off to bed.  Early morning tomorrow so I can get up and have my bed sheets washed before the plumber arrives and shuts off the water.   Friday is sheet day and I'm trying to keep some semblance of a routine around here but it could be a lost cause.  I'm definitely losing the battle of the dust.  


                                                                        Peace, Love, and Achoo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF