Monday, April 15, 2024

1 Week Down

Hi Dee Ho Peeps!

We are one week down on the kitchen reno. and all is well.  There isn't a lot of visible progress but we're still sane (barely) and this week is going to be a LOUD week.  I just finished my morning chat with the contractor so I already know what I'm up against this week. 

This past weekend was spent doing yard work, it's the season again, so I escaped the confines of the house for a bit and the weather was simply gorgeous.   If only the pool was about 15 degrees warmer!

Hubster is off work on Friday so we may find something for Reggie to do and escape the noise for a day. 
We do need to go pick out pendant lights for the kitchen and a new ceiling fan for the den.   We might need to get the TV mount for over the fireplace too, I should make a note about that.



The new wine "room" has been cleared out and they are ready for me to find a door.   Sadly, what I want is proving to be a challenge.  I have a lead on an Old Home Supply store today that allegedly has plenty of salvage doors.   I'll probably head over there this afternoon or tomorrow. 
I have to write the IRS a reeediculous check so I'm in mourning for my money today.


The plumbing was done on Friday so the new plumbing is ready for the big island to come.
Rumor has it a section of cabinets is ready and will be here next week.  I'm crossing my fingers 🀞
that it will be the island.   I'm anxious to see how it's going to look in the space, plus I think the electrician will need it installed before he comes back so he knows where to hang the pendant lights. 



Speaking of the electrician, he was here on Saturday, so we are roughed in for electrical now. 
See, not a lot of visible changes but necessary ones for sure.



In even more important news, the front porch is cleared so we don't look like the Clampetts anymore.
Well, not until you come inside the house! haha



However, that dang sectional piece is still hanging around.  Wednesday is bulk trash pick-up day so if nothing else, its days are numbered.  


This doorway is getting framed out today to be closed off.  It'll give me a bit more cabinet space and a spot for Reggie's new feeding station.   


Much discussion still goes on about the big refrigerator.  It's currently in the way because they need to frame out the new wall covering part of the stairwell.   


The scraping of the floors will be happening this week.  Sooooo, please send wine and Swiffer dusters.    

I also failed to take pics of dinner but let's recap for you!

Friday evening:   We went to Tony's Pizza & Pour House with our neighbors.
It's always a good night for πŸ•πŸ• and 🍺🍺.

Saturday evening:   We grilled Prime Rib sliders πŸ” and opened a can of baked beans along with store-bought potato salad and broccoli salad.   Dinner outside on the patio and a little On Patrol: Live on the television with the neighbors. 

Sunday evening:   After a full day of yard work we dined once again on the patio.   A big salad , grilled fish, and garlic toast made in the toaster oven.    It was either absolutely delicious or we were absolutely starved because we scarfed it down in record time.   Probably why there are no pics too! 

I'll try to do better with the food pics this week, I mean they are sooooo exciting! haha 

This week's plan is framing, floor scraping, and drywall.



Peace, Love & Swiffer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF