Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts

 Happy Wed Nes Day my peeps!!
WOW I seriously cannot believe this week is already half over!!!  Where does the time go??

Anywho this past Sunday all the kiddos were home for the Courts big 21st birthday (and geez I still have to show you the cake I made her) and I decided to make some pumpkin donuts.  Donuts are a funny thing because you pretty much have to eat them when you bake them otherwise they aren't very good so I took the opportunity of lots of mouths in the house to make these.  They were super dee dooooper!!!



Let's start with the cast of characters:



1 3/4 cup flour                                
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/3 cup oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup milk
TOPPING:
1/4-1/2 cup melted butter
2/3 cup sugar
2-3 Tbsp cinnamon


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and butter the donut pan. 
Set aside.


In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and spices.



Just whisk, no sifting today my peeps.



Just set that aside for now.


In your mixer bowl (with the paddle attachment)
Mix together oil, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, pumpkin and milk.



Just mix until combined.



Now very S L O W L Y add in the dry ingredients.



Stir just until combined, you know don't beat up the donut batter!

Fill the donut pans pretty full but not overflowing and bake for about 12-15 minutes.



The donuts should spring back when pressed gently.
Turn those out onto a wire to cool while you get the toppings ready,



Melt the butter in one bowl
Mix the cinnamon and sugar in another bowl.
(sorry, I don't know what happened to that photo??)



Now dunk that donut superquick like in the butter, just to coat
p.s.  if you hold the donut like this for too long while you are trying to take the picture it will break
it's ok because then you have the perfect excuse to eat that one.
Now roll it in the cinnamon sugar mixture



And pop back onto the wire rack.


Try to take pictures before you have the urge to scarf them all down



I found that a nice glass of milk made them even tastier.




They are pretty and you know, relatively healthy.



I said relatively...not completely!!




The day is always nice when it starts with donuts!

So since you know you want to make these...I made you a nice little Printable.
So go ahead make some donuts!!!


Have you tried to bake donuts yet?  What flavor do you think would be awesomesauce??
I have a Red Velvet that I'm just dying to try myself!!

Peace, Love & Donuts!!!

                                                          

1 comment:

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF