Monday, March 5, 2012

Banana Banana Bread...French Toast??

Happy Monday Peepers!!!

I'm so sorry I've been MIA but we had us a quite busy week last week and this little ole' blog just had to step to the side while tended to some important matters around these parts, like friends having some big surgery and we needed to give them a lotta lovin' and prayers and visiting and food.  Our friend is on the mend and we are going to be getting back down to business this week and then next week is Spring break!! Can you believe it??!!!!

So I'll be around here as much as I can this week then next week you'll be getting blog posts from the road!!

So I made banana bread last week and now you say, "what's the big deal? You've made that like a bazillion times??"  Well I used a new recipe and then I just did something to it that was just well magical!!


Here's a hint.....

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
In mixing bowl cream together 1/2 cup butter and 3/4 cup brown sugar



then add in 2 eggs and 2 1/3 cups mashed over ripe bananas.



Combine those really good then add in the following dry mixture:
2 cups AP flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
(these should be sifted together in a separate bowl)



Just hand mix those dry ingredients into the wet mixture until combined.



pour that in a lightly sprayed loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes  or until a toothpick is inserted and removed cleanly.



Let cool in pan for 10 minutes then turn onto wire rack.



Enjoy the smell wafting through your house (even if it is about 8pm at night)



Have some warm slices with butter for dinner ....hey, don't judge!!!




or you could save it for breakfast the next morning.



or you could do this.......






grab yourselves some egg beaters (or real eggs), some half & half (I used fat free) a little vanilla and a bit of sugar.
No...I did not measure this stuff out. 



now take that banana banana bread and dunk it in that egg mixture.
We're making french toast heaven here!!!



Pop those soaked pieces on a nice hot buttered griddle and cook away



Then plop it out on a plat and slap some powdered sugar and a little warm syrup


and a pretty sprig of mint that is already taking over the yard



and have a beautiful morning!!!!



Oddly enough I've got two more breakfast dishes for you this week. AND I actually made both of them for breakfast!!  That's about the extent of cooking I've done this past weekend.  This week we'll be using up stuff in the refrigerator and pantry before vacation so it's gonna be a strange week of yummies!!!   Which brings me to my question of the day....How do you get your kitchen ready for vacation?  What kind of foods do you make so you minimize the leftovers and yet still get some good home cooking in before a week of eating out??  Spill the beans peeps I know you have some tips!!

Peace, Love & Monday Yummies!!

                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF