Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Dark Chocolate Raspberry Brownies...a treat to make Willy Wonka smile

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces.  ~Judith Viorst



Well Hi dee hoooo my peeps!!!  Yes yes it's me back again to make your backside wiggle and jiggle.  It's all in the name of research my friends!!  So our Court is getting married in June and her man AustinStone loves brownies.  So much so that they are thinking of foregoing the traditional grooms cake and wait for it.....have BROWNIES instead.  Yeah, I love that kid too!
So for the sake of research we are going to be testing out various types of brownies, how well they freeze/food saver.  So we can decide that yes we're gonna do this and how many days ahead of time can we save my sanity and bake these things.  This is the first attempt and might I say.... a dandy fine one it turned out to be!!  I've just shipped them the the little chocolate lovebirds so they should get them today or tomorrow and we'll see what their feelings are.  In the meantime, you should test them out too, you know for research purposes!!





3/4 cup AP flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 (3.5 oz) Ghiradelli Dark & Raspberry Bar
9 Ghiradelli Dark & Raspberry Squares (from 5.32 oz bag)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

SIFT together the flour, cocoa and salt in a bowl, set aside.
YES you have to sift...really peeps it isn't that difficult!!



Now in your mixer let's mix together the brown sugar, sugar, melted butter and vanilla.
Whip that together about 3 minutes. Add in the eggs, one at a time, and mix until combined.



SLOWLY add in the dry mixture.
I mean unless of course you enjoy enveloping your kitchen in a chocolate cloud then hey go right ahead and turn that mixer on full blast!!  :0)
Mix these until just combined then take a spatula to scrape down the sides and mix in completely.




Lightly grease up an 8x8 square baking dish


Pour half of the brownie mixture into the bottom of the pan



Grab that chocolate bar and just break along the creases.
Be careful not to let that ooey superdeliciousloveliness filling burst out


Now take the other half of the brownie mixture and CAREFULLY spread over the top
(Yes, that is the same photo...I blame the next picture for the lack of getting the second photo)

Now pop in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes



Blame these things for your lack of taking photos!
That's my own Big Joe glass.
(if you watch CougarTown you totally just got that reference)



or blame your husband for snatching the camera and taking a picture of you getting your Ipad all grody with chocolate.


After the brownies have come out of the oven, cool on a wire rack for about 25 minutes.  They should still be slightly warm but not hot.  Take those 9 lovely little pieces of chocolate (unwrap them first please!!!!) and place on top of the brownies and ever so slightly push them down into the brownies.
Let cool before cutting...unless you don't care what they look like then hey go right ahead and make a chocolate mess like I did.   Hey..it's research!!!




If you let them cool completely you will be rewarded with the beautiful goodness like the above photo.



On the bright side, you only need one brownie because they are SUPER RICH!!!
But delicious in every way..... I can't wait for the cute couple to taste and see what they think!!

Oh and say if you want like the printable  I got you covered!


Now, if you are like me your brain is churning and saying..."Hey Samma...doesn't Ghiradelli make other yummy flavors?"  Well yes they do!!  I think any of the Dark & whatever flavors will work, my personal next attempt is likely to be the carmel version or maybe the mint??? hmmm, what do you think?  That's my question today.... What is the next flavor combination I should try?
Now pardon me but my jiggly bottom and I need to go get on the treadmill because while research is good, the end results (haha end...get it??)  are often cellulite ridden!

Peace, Love and Chocolate Yummies!!

                                                    

1 comment:

  1. So much excitement!!!

    Hopefully they will be here when I get out of class :)))

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF