Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Chicken Pot Pie....take 3

 Hey my peeps!!

Well we had a big weekend of birthday celebrations round these parts this past weekend!
My birthday was Saturday and my dearest Abogg turned 21 today!!!  oooh geez where does the time go??  Mamas hold on to those babies and love them because they grow up so very fast!!!


Anywho...I thought I'd show you a quick peek at the Pinterest inspired basket I put together...I was truly quite proud of myself!!!




yes, there are 21 fun little items in that basket for a nice boy turning 21!
I just hope we can still call him a nice boy after he finishes off this basket
He loved it and I loved making it!!  I'm hoping to be making another one in March but the next one will be for a girl and I can't wait, I already have so many fun ideas churning in my noggin!


Ok, let's talk about Chicken Pot Pie.
I've made this for you a bazillion and one times but you know it's one of our family favorites and it's so darn easy and I have a hard time explaining how it's done. 
(Believe me I've made it sooo many times I know the secrets to this one)
So I decided this last time would be a tons of picture loaded post with step by step instructions




Get yourself a nice 8 inch square baking dish
and spray it with some kind of cooking spray



Gather up ALL your ingredients
1/2 cup Miracle Whip (I have used light and regular)
2 Tbsp All Purpose flour
2 chicken bouillon cubes
1/8 tsp black pepper
3/4 cup milk (I've used whole, 1%, 2% & skim)
BIG can of chicken breast (I get mine at Costco or Sam's)
Can of Veg All or thawed bag of frozen mixed vegetables
Can of crescent rolls (I've used regular & reduced fat successfully)
egg white, optional
paprika, optional



Take 1/2 of the can of crescent rolls and put in the bottom of this pan
Put the pan in the cold oven and then set the oven to 375 degrees.



Open the can of chicken and drain and rinse and break up the meat
You can also dump in the can of veg all to drain if that's what you are using



In a saucepan on the stove mix together Miracle Whip, flour, bouillon (notice I crumbled up the cube),
and black pepper. 



Mix those things together really well



Turn the heat on to medium low and add in the milk, mixing well



I grab the ole' whisk now and whisk that around until it's thickened.


You can kind of see here how it's thickening up



when it's all nice and thick then dump in the chicken



and the vegetables



and heat the mixture through



that oven should be preheated by now and you need to take out those crescent rolls
they should be a little bit golden brown



now dump that chicken and vegetable mixture over the top of the crescent rolls



add the remaining half of crescent rolls to the top.
CAREFULLY (remember the pan is hot!) push those out to the edges and seal the seams


if you want you can brush the top with an egg white 



and sprinkle on some paprika



now pop that baby in that oven and bake for 15-20 minutes
until it's nice and golden brown



take it out of the oven




and serve it up!
Now I could tell you we have a nice green salad and all with this but truth is we don't
I just make Chicken Pot Pie and we eat it.
Hey, it's got the bread, the meat and the veggies already covered!

Now here's the link to to the printable 
I'm sure you could do this with turkey or some other meat but I like the chicken
Be brave, give it a try and let me know what kind of wild twist you made on this!!





On Friday afternoon I didn't feel like vacuuming the upstairs so I made my Mardi Gras wreath instead.
It's nice and bright and purply ....works for me!!
Take care peeps, I'm gonna go grab some grub!



Peace, Love and Comfort Food Yummies!!


                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF