Monday, February 13, 2012

Zippy Pimento Cheese


Hi Deeee Ho peeps!!!
It's Monday Monday Monday!!!   We gots ourselves a little dusting of the white stuff here in ole' Texas last night.  It's gone now but it was pretty while it was falling.  
I HATE being cold  but you know what I hate the most?  Raining and in the 40's.  I'm sorry Seattle but I'd just die if I lived in that weather all the time.  The rain plus temps in the 40's just chills me to the core and I cannot get warm or function!!  Anywho,  it is supposed to be 70 by Wednesday.  Welcome to Texas!

Hubster has been on a Pimento Cheese kick lately.  I cannot fault him because my craving has been pigs in a blanket.  Go figure!!    I decided to make hubster some zippy pimento cheese and it is pretty legit so let's do this!!


First things first, shred that cheese
I used Wisconsin Jalapeno Cheddar
You don't have to use the spicy cheese if you like it more subtle and subdued



I started with 2 cups shredded
Key word is started!  We'll cover my mistakes later.



Grab the other ingredients
2 cups shredded cheese
3 oz. cream cheese (my recipe called for 8....WAY WAY too much)
1/2 cup mayo or miracle whip (pick your poison)
1/4 tsp each of garlic powder, cayenne pepper, onion powder
salt & pepper to taste



Oh and a jar of pimento's. 
HELLOOOOO it's pimento cheese and I forgot to include the pimentos in the photo
I must have been excited




Stir all that good stuff around and mix really well
just add your salt & pepper to taste

Now...let's talk about the cream cheese because I knew when it said 8 oz. that was too much
oh yes it was! WAY too much.  I recommend starting with 2 or 3 oz. and adjust as you like.
I had to grate another 2 cups of cheese and add more seasonings to get this tasting un-creamcheesey.



In the end, life was good and the pimento cheese was complete.



I used a leftover slice of sourdough bread to make the photo sandwich
but you use whatever bread you prefer.
Some things however just scream the use of good ole' white bread.
Pimento cheese, tomato sandwiches, peanut butter and jelly.
Ahhhh.... I could go on but I won't because let's face it, we all feel super guilty when we eat white bread now. I guess that's why we love going on vacation to our condo so much.  We eat white bread on vacation!!   wooo hooooo!!!!!



For some reason I wanted a big red ripe home grown tomato to slap on this cutie too.
Alas, it's February in Texas and those such things do not exist.




oh well, sometimes plain is best!


Come on now it's time to fess up... what kind of really bad for you goodness are you craving at your house?    We can't be the only ones, can we??
Oh and the pigs in a blanket got so bad I resorted to buying Veggie Organic hot dogs that have 40 calories to wrap in reduced fat crescent rolls...PIT-I-FUL I tell you, just pitiful!


Peace, Love & Yummies!!!

                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF